Pls help me decide Pass Labs X250.8 or Luxman M900u

I want to upgrade my 2 channel audio.  I have a 7.2.4 Home Theater system I am in the process of upgrading. Recently I upgraded my old B&W N805 / HTM2 to the 803D4 / HT81D4 and relegated my N805’s to Surround duty (and they excel in this roll!)

I have been driving (due to age of system) with a Pass Labs X5, which I will keep for surrounds and center on HT , but I want to upgrade my 2 Channel Audio.  I currently am trying to decide between the PassLabs X250.8 and the  Luxman M900u.  As these B&W’s can dip down below 2ohms I want to make sure I buy an amp which will bring out the best in my system and handle these dips. I will also be buying a Tube Preamp with HT Bypass -(looking for a used VAC Signature Mk5 SE or the new Backert Rhumba Extreme 1.4)

Anyone with experience with either of these amps and B&W 800’s would be great to hear from.

Thx!

garynospamm

Definitely not the Pass Labs (which, otherwise, are wonderful sounding) if your speaker’s impedance dips that low.

I had X260.8 monos and now I use the Parasound JC1+ monos for the same reason you mention.

The Luxman M900U should work, but, IMHO, I’m not sure if it is a good match with B&W sound. The resultant sound might be a bit bright and thin despite your tube preamps - but I guess that depends on your room as well.

Are there other amp's you think I should look at?  I understand the Pass XA's are warmer (but also with less dynamic bass).  I think the D4 series overall is less bright that the D3 series and I like the Top End sound already with my 803's from the X5, but I know it can get significantly better.