Difference in B&W sound

Greetings, I have a set of 804n & 803 Matrix2. I'm running a Pioneer Elite 74 Txvi with a parasound 2003 MOD & a Parasound 5250v2. the 804 have a sensitivity of 90db. & the 803s have 89db. The Matrix sound so much better, so why would this be for an older model? Could the 1db. be that much of a difference? I'm confused.
128x128danmar123
"01-23-15: Danmar123
The base (GRANTED), isn't going to perform from a 6"driver x2 as it would from a 12"."

I know why you may think that, but its really not true. When it comes to bass, all other things being equal, the only difference when it comes to making bass is that you can move a big driver relatively slow or a small one faster, to achieve the same note. It doesn't really matter what the size of the drivers as long as they have the ability to perform like you need them to, with proper setup and equipment.

You also mention that you live in NY. If you haven't been there yet, check out Audio Connection in Verona NY (He's very close. Its kind of like going to Newark airport.). They sell B&W but makes stores like Lyric, Stereo Exchange, Park, all look like amateurs. Best audio store I've ever been to by far.

"I would move the 803s up front but as in my HTM1 (CENTER), I feel isn't going to be a good match for them."

You don't have to do anything you don't want to, but audio is very hands on. Never assume something will or won't work, especially when you already have the equipment sitting in your house. Always try things for yourself, if you can. Its very likely that you can end up saving thousands of dollars that could be put to better use, like paying parking tickets.
Z, Verona is a 4 hr. drive from where I live. Once the weather brakes I'll take a ride up there for the weekend via(HARLEY). If you live in the area, I'll meet you for lunch.
I know I'm talking apple to apples. When I hook up my Klipsch Heresy's, there's a much improvement in music, but we're talking horns now.Please, lets not go there. I did have the 803 first & I'm very happy with them.When opportunity knocks as in the 804s. I picked them up for a song (pun), under a grand for the set. THANK YOU.For some reason I can't post my photo's. If you like, go to my page & look @ my set up.Nothing great, buts that was in my budget @ the time. I did do my homework with Parasound & B&W, they do match well.I play most of my music thru my comp.with a high end sound card via Pandora. the sound card does have all the bells & whistle anyone would need. So as of tweeking my music,it's not a problem.
Sorry, I must have missed something. I thought you said that you live in NYC. I wasn't aware of your Klipsch speakers either.
I do live in the 5 bouroghs. The Klipsch aren't hooked up. No room for them now. "SOON" My stereo system thats packed away Might blow up the B&Ws. But I'm happy for what I have at the moment.
"Z, Verona is a 4 hr. drive from where I live."

Maybe if you leave for Audio Connection at around 4pm. lol. Going by distance, though, I don't think its any more than 20 miles from Manhattan.