The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
Klipsch Heresys with a 100 watt Nak 730 receiver playing Van Halen, Ice Cream Man in a 12X12 college dorm with the volume turned up to 11.
I don't own this pair....JBL 4343s'S studio monitors. A seller of some used audio was letting me audition a used amp when I heard the JBLs. I haven't heard anything like them before or since. They were big and they were ugly, but they had the best highs and lows and mids I've heard together in one package. They were relegated to the basement due to thier appearance (Wife Factor)
I have heard many speakers and keep coming back to my 1980s Cabasse MT type speakers. I think they were the equivalent of the Cabasse Skiff that came out a few years later, but don't know what their equivalent (if any) would be these days. Great detail, incredible soundstage.