40khz vs 120khz or 40 plus 120khz US cleaning?

Has anyone been able to actually get better results from 120khz? Does 40khz only miss anything? 

flemke

Your spinner sounds like the VinylStack unit; its the only one I know that can spin that slow - 0.13 rpm. You can spin too slow. Depends on the tank power and temperature. I recently assisted someone who likely damaged a record, but he also allow the tank temp to reach about 125F.

I generally recommend 0.3-0.6 rpm and an even number (no factions) of rotations, so the record sees uniform exposure. 25 min may be a bit long. But this can be affected by how many records you are cleaning at-once and the tank size. General rule of thumb is to space the records about equal to the wavelength, so for 40kHz, 3/4-1 inch is about right.

I don't think it's ever been higher than 35c. I do at the most 20 records and stop. The process gets boring quickly. 

If you search the internet, you will see that 450W (~41W/L) is a pretty powerful unit.  If the heat-energy balance holds, the tank will heat from just the ultrasonics at about 1F/min.  

I have to wonder if this would be a worthwhile investment being that I already have a 40khz unit?