FUSE BOX delivers perfect protection and superior sound

Encouraged by the improvement offered by the PURON plug-in filters, I spent some additional time reading 

I wondered if a second product, unrelated to PURON, can also raise the bar for recorded music?  FUSE BOX is a system that replaces a fuse in a piece of electronics.  A metal SLUGGO (insert either the brass or copper option) goes in the fuse holder.  The power cord you have been using goes into one end of the slim, lightweight BOX.  From the other end of the BOX, another power cord (quality counts!) leads to your power conditioner or to the wall.  Simply plug and play.

Each FUSE BOX is calibrated according to the traditional fuse it will be replacing.  By providing the amp value, fuse size, and slow/fast blow, a unit can be tailored to your specs.

I took the plunge by requesting a FUSE BOX to fit into two different systems.  I use a Black Ice FOZ SS-X Sound Expander in both a headphone (Synergistic blue) and main system (Synergistic orange).  This wonderful piece is in the middle of both systems, between the cd player and the amplifier.

Starting first in the smaller system, there was a break-in period of about 30 hours before the sound really took off.  A huge positive step (for me) was then replacing the copper sluggo with the brass version.  Now I heard the depth and warmth, in addition to the detail of the copper version.  The traditional Grado sound through the over the ear headphones (Prestige 125 model) was rich, detailed, and balanced.

I spend much more time listening through full range Martin Logan Expression ESL 13a speakers.  I recently added two PURONS to this system, plugged into a Synergistic Research Powercell 12 conditioner.  Even when (intellectually) I believed this combination had already taken me to the "top of the mountain," I was happy to be proven wrong.  With the brass sluggo in the SS-X, the "you are at the recording event" is very powerful, and in a way I had never heard before.  It's like I have the best seat in the house, for every recording.

For me, FUSE BOX offers the protection of traditional fuses, without fearing they may need to be replaced (since FUSE BOX can be easily reset).  With the two sluggos provided, the sound can be adjusted to one's preference.  And I still have the flexibility to change this arrangement in the future, as the sluggo is never permanently fixed to the fuse holder.

A big thanks to Mark Schifter at Vera-Fi Audio, for patiently helping me.  With a 30 day return policy, my guess is that many music lovers will be asking Mark to program a unit, so they can evaluate it in their systems.

My answer, to "how can the sound possibly get any better?" is FUSE BOX.  Highly recommended.

sgordon1

Guys,

A few weeks ago, I stumbled upon a product here on this forum called a Swiss Digital Fuse Box. I must say that after reading the description of the Fuse Box, I was intrigued! I immediately remembered back in the old days when a lot of guys were bypassing their fuses on their Magnepan with noticeable improvements.

I do own both Synergistic Research Black, Blue and Orange Fuses as well as Quantum Science Blue and Yellow Fuses and with the steady increase in fuse costs, the Swiss Digital Fuse Box from a cost basis and the potential of increased sound quality made sense to me.

I could not wait any longer and placed my order for 10A SB (Tube Amp) device and package was received within 3 days after ordering. I just had to experience this Fuse Box in my system to “Hear” what others were raving about…

It does not take long to discern the meaningful and impactful sound that the Fuse Box is allowing your component to extract delicate and nuanced sound without restriction; in my system, I discerned a very welcoming and noticeable increase spatial ambiance cues… These spatial cues extended the soundstage 2-3 feet outside the edges of my loudspeakers but the Fuse Box did even more tightening up the center image focus, more impactful bass, more nuanced texture, better soundstage separation/depth/layering. Transparency/clarity is quite remarkable as well and its crystal clear and warm at the same time.

The sound is smooth, yet dynamic with everything within the soundstage being laid out distinctly with precision!

The best way I can describe the sound is that you are immersed in a sound field with sound coming from all around you… I did notice better sound the next day and imagine the Fuse Box will improve with use and settling in time.

I can say without reservation that the Fuse Box slaughtered my SR and QSA Fuses and Highly recommend this product to those looking to remove their restrictive and expensive boutique fuses…

Wig 😁👍

Post removed 

I received my Fuse Box and right out of the box it’s a nice improvement over the stock fuse. I also agree the Brass is the better sluggo and along with the Purons have added an impressive uptick in performance!

In my system, I prefer the copper sluggo as it’s closer to scale in terms of image size; if you thought your speakers were holographic, wait until you add a Fuse Box and your front wall becomes a "chameleon".

Will do more listening between the sluggos after more settling in time...

Wig

Thanks to the earlier adopters of this product for posting.

If anyone has a link to comprehensive product information, I’d love to have it. 

It sounds like the product comes with sluggo’s of brass and copper for the user to experiment with.  Is that correct?  

Wig, rareace….did you replace the stock powercord on the fusebox or are your positive reports based on the stock cord?