TEAC UD-701 vs NT-505 vs ?

I stream Quboz and Tidal via a Bluesound Vault 2. Vault transmits to Parasound JC2 to modded A21 to Vandersteen Quatro CTs. (See my profile for complete description of system.) Happy, really very happy, with Vault 2 but it is likely best point at which to upgrade my system.

Considering TEAC NT-505 ($2K) and new TEAC DAC/streamer UD-701 ($4K), which has some very attractive features: in-house-built discrete Delta-Sigma DAC with FPGA circuity, dual-mono signal path, four separate power supplies... Have seen enthusiastic reviews for NT-505 from owners here. Only one review by Moon Audio out about UD-701, and they are not an uninterested party. Curious if any out there have heard UD-701?

Open to other suggestions, including used with roughly $6K price ceiling. See TMR has used Aurender A-10s for sale. Used PS Audio Direct Wave DAC with bridge is another consideration, although I have seen owners comment negatively about the bridge.

Not wed to DAC/streamer combo but that has appeal to me because it eliminates a box, connecter, and power cord, all of which add to cost and connector makes signal path less direct.

Also not wed to SS but a tube DAC appears to me to introduce an additional source of distortion into my otherwise SS system, so it will then be affected by both SS and tube distortion.

Thoughts?

Bosssound

128x128bosssound

My sympathies. I responded enthusiastically to Bossound early in the thread. Having upgraded from the NT 505 and like you, added the clock. Loved it.  Then qobuz started to misbehave. Here in the uk, there is now no support as TEAC have centralised to Germany. The third party repair centre had no manual and eventually said could not obtain a spare board. 4 months later I got a refund and sold the clock at a loss. I loved the DAC in 1 bit mode. Superb. Will never buy a Shenzhen product again. Now have an Innuos pulse streamer and a musical fidelity DAC, both built in Europe. Hope you can resolve your issues.

@ptatztxt 

No suggestions here, but wondering if you use a local NAS and if that has issues playing as well with the HR Steeam or other controllers?

(I ask as I have only used my 701 via NAS and haven't yet run into any issues.)

I certianly hope you can resolve your connection issues...

The streamer in my NT-505 rarely connects to the network anymore also. It's relegated to my bedroom system anyway but I'm getting a streamer (like ifi Zen Stream) that works as an NAA for HQPlayer. The DAC still sounds outstanding and feeding it DSD makes it that much better.

Well I have an update. I moved the unit to a different wifi ecosystem and it magically works! So, it would appear that there's something wrong with that internet service or, maybe plugging other things into the wifi extender somehow interfered.  Who knows?  

I will keep on investigating, but otherwise really back to enjoying the 701.

I'm really sorry to hear some of you having a problems with the UD 701N network module. I have mine for about a month and I've never experienced any problem related to the network or anything else. I'm using it on a daily basis mostly Tidal connect streaming from my android phone, sometimes Roon RAAT (still deciding weather I should by lifetime subscription) and Internet Radio. 

I've come up to threads regardless of the device that some users experience problems when using tidal connect from Windows application (the device didn't appear as endpoint). Is this maybe your case?

I'm really impressed by the TEAC UD 701N DAC module. It sounds so organic in both multi bit PCM and 1 bit DSD. It have terrific resolution and clarity. Definitely game changer