Any Oracle Delphi MK1 expert here? Motor problems...

Greetings! 

I started working on a Oracle Delphi MK1, for some reason I can't have any response from the 33 and 45 variable resistors (the ones on the back of the motor, any suggestions what it could be? I would love to keep the original motor! 

Thank you in advance!

Edwin

erivera1990

Joe,

Yes is the pancake type, I have put some time indeed. When I bought it, the rpm was slightly off, didn't keep the right speed after turning it off. That's when I decided to take apart the motor to check the circuit. Hopefully replacing all bad/ off specs components it can maintain the right rpm. Thank you for that Information,  may I ask how much those power supply cost? I also bought the service kit, I know is an old turntable but I love how it looks. I just finished fixing the original dust cover too, it looks great!

Edwin 

Hello Edwin,

I payed around $400.00 for my PS but that was 40 years ago. I believe Oracle no longer uses dc motors. The Turbo PS I purchased for my MK 6 was around $2K.

When you get your motor up and running properly, let me know if you have an interest in the ModSquad PS I have for the pancake motor. Maybe we can talk about it off line? I no longer have a use for it.

‘Best of luck to you on rebuilding that gorgeous TT. I really liked my MK 2 TT and my new MK 6 is a great TT.

Joe Nies