Hairdryer for Sale on Gon

Has anyone seen the "negative ion" duflatchie that happens to be a Conair hairdryer for sale under DACs? Have we really lost our minds to this degree with this addiction?
jamesw20
Acoustic Revive also makes the Rio-5 that does what seems to be the same thing as the hair dryer, but for three times the money. I will also have the Brian Kyle tourmaline gun version from Extreme Cables by this weekend. I will keep you updated on my findings as well. Thanks Mike L for paving the path to musical truth. The only way to get there is by trial and error (trying new ideas even as crazy as they might sound). I think I will only use the hair dryer when nobody is looking.
Toyman; you're welcome.

btw; very impressive system ya got there.....it should show off the tweak nicely. i will look forward to your comments.

btw; i did compare the hair dryer to the RIO-5 at VSAC two weeks ago, the hair dryer (Andrew's) had 3 to 4 times the effect.
Mike, did the AR Rio-5 have a longer lasting effect? Can it be used on records? The demonstrations I have seen only used cds.
Norm,

i did not spend enough time in Ron's (Marigo) room to say anything about which is longer lasting, the Rio or the hair dryer. after three months of using this tweak in various forms typically the greater degree of the percieved tweak effect the longer lasting. regardless; the degree of effect of the RIO-5 would not cause me to use it consistently, not a good enough effort/reward factor. the hair dryer ,OTOH, has become essential.

i have not tried the RIO-5 on Lp's. but Andrew has tried it on Lps on recommendation from Joe Pittman, a local Acoustic Revive dealer. Andrew said it has some effect but not that much.
A few days ago a friend of mine and I stopped by Brian Kyle's place in Dana Point. Brian demonstrated the "hair dryer" on several of his discs and a few of ours.

We chose a reference song, listened to it straight from the jewel case - then used the Tourmaline hair dryer. Every time the sound became noticeably better. More natural, less edgy, "cleaner", instruments were separated better within the soundstage. Low level details previously not noticed became apparent.

I liked it enough to write a check and am experiencing similar (great) results in my home system.

All I can say is this is a very worthwhile product.

I am in no way affiliated with this product, or Brian - having met him for the first time a few days ago.