Any insight with the Berkeley Alpha DAC ..??

Reference Recordings, which had had some spectacular CDs on the market is launching a "HRx" DVD-A product which is 24bit and sampled at 176.4 or 88.2 kHZ ...They recommend using a Windows XP desktop fitted with a Lynx AES 16 card and a Media Monkey as it's player and play this 2 channel DVD-R disk through a BERKELEY Audio Design Alpha DAC.

This has been favorably mentioned as a breakthrough in the Absolute Sound April/May edition....has anybody had any experience with this???

I would appreciate your response. Thanks
128x128jafo100
How does the Alpha sound if run from a transport? (I will need time to build server based system and convert all my discs)

Currently have MBL 1531 and wondering if running it into the Alpha will be a step up over current performance...
Oh - to be clear, I am assuming we are running RR HRX or other also into Emmlabs DAC, I'm not tring to compare next-gen CDs against old, I'm trying to ask about Alpha DAC vs Emmlabs and/or dcs DACs.
Anyone have any idea (or if you've spent time with it could hazard a guess) how good the Alpha would be using an MBL as transport and Squeezebox Duet as alternate source? I know I need to hear it for myself in my system, just trying to gauge whether or not to go through the trouble of setting that up.

Thanks.
I would like to know how it (Alpha) compares to the Wavelength Cosecant V3...anyone?