The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
Apogee Scintillas - I've never heard anything come close other than Apogee Divas and Apogee Duetta Signatures. The Scintillas are the only speaker that had me believing I was hearing a live performance even though the great monoliths were standing before me.
Well, The Best, Is a pair of home grown speakers by a local audio engineer. It's all in the build and I find more and more that you can build that dream pair of $10000 speakers for about $2500 if you take your time and learn a bit abou acoustics.
A set of Optimus 11's, with a dampening pillow and a shun-meow cat on top of each one.
(But you need 250,000 worth of IC's to mate it with the Walkman CD player and the Kenwood KR-810 receiver if you want the TRUE sound!)
HE HE HE I love this site!