room size question.

( wasnt sure what category to put this in ,so figured this one would get more views)

in watching some you tube videos, one from Jays audio lab, and another one from Paul ( ps audio ), they both mention how the speakers should be set up in the room and it seems they bring them out into the room quite a bit.    they say that when this happens, you have the soundstage and jay was mentioning that there are layers that one gets to hear when listening.

my question i guess is that can this same thing happen in a smaller room, say 12x12 or is one just limited to say center imaging due to room size ?

room is treated

this is the ps audio video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x63RORq8JMw

jays video 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZOWcvbfNZw

bshaw
Post removed 

@dalims4 

i checked out the audio physics site and when you scroll down to number 7 it says this :

We recommend that you listen to a record with dimensional information (e.g. Maria Callas in “Aida” or Nancy Sinatra on “Boots”, track no. 15) and that you start moving the speakers backwards and forwards until the sound impression is more or less in the centre.

which i have mentioned, i have that.        that is not the issue.     

the issue or my question, is that i read / hear about the overall sound when someone listens to the music is that the soundstage is huge and has layers......that is what i am not getting.

so again......i think that the size of the room plays a part in this. 

with a bigger room, you have more options of where speaker / sub placement , as well as equipment rack can go.         things are harder / limited in a smaller room.

Post removed 

A good starting point is if your tweeters are 65” apart, your ears should be 65” from the tweeters. Question, do you have your speakers aimed straight out or towed in? Another question, how far are your ears from the back wall? 

@dalims4 

I'm in a 16.5 x 32' foot room using the front half for music.

which is a lot bigger than the room i have , which is 11 x 12.        

@curiousjim 

speakers are facing straight.   i did try toe in when i was setting things up a year ago in this room and tried it again just a little while ago.       didnt care to much for that.              

ears from back wall are maybe 6-8 inches