Ditching Class A Amps due to Heat - Sort of a Poll

A discussion elsewhere about the future of Class A made me wonder how true one statement really is. So the questions are...

Have you done away with your Class A Amp due to Heat concerns?

Will you be moving away from Class A Amp due to Heat concerns?

Will you never buy a Class A Amp due to Heat concerns?

I only have a class A/B unit that does Class A up to 6 watts with almost no heat so really can't speak for those who have used in the past or currently own and run Class A Amps.

brianh61

I own a Pass Aleph 5 and, yes, it runs hot, but I don’t care. It sounds beautiful and that’s why I have it.

Your paying the electric bill, so run a Class A amp as long as you want. Leave it on 24/7, it's perfectly fine. If they are so worried about climate change why were we forced to use old technology like the combustion engine for over a 100 years.

I don’t own a class A tube amp but would love adopt one if anyone wants drop one off at my doorstep like an abandoned dog or something.  I wouldn’t buy an amp because it ran cool or was ultra efficient.   My decision would be strictly based on sound and how well it behaves in my set up.  I can offset the Carbon Foot Print with my electric lawnmower, weed wacker and leaf blower.  All of which I purchased based on performance not how green they were.