Simplest Linear PSU?

Which linear power supplies can you recommend that have the least amount of miniaturized SMD and semiconductor nonsense?

I wish Audionote made a stand alone PSU. I know Weiss does, it looks good, but pricey. Looking for something simple already made to DIY with.

thanks in advance!!

clustrocasual

Building a good LPS is or can be a little more complex than implied. It helps to have an oscilloscope to analyze the performance, too. Learn about pi filters, etc.Also, you may want to regulate the V output in which case you design for a higher V output than needed to allow headroom for the regulator to operate. 

Transformer, Bridge Rectifier and filter caps.....

yes, that's the simplest but likely not the best.  For constant current draw stuff, multiple filter stages can be very very good, and sound remarkably right. but for anything requiring specific DC levels (like any ICs) or current surges, it has major issues and regulation is required. regulation brings its own issues and noise sources.

This is why i somewhat push back on the most  basic tenets espoused in this thread.

@itsjustme +1 I use Uptone JS2, choke based lps on some of most important digital components. This will explain issues with T,BR&F  and advantages of choke based,https://audiobacon.net/2021/08/06/the-worlds-best-audiophile-linear-power-supplies/3/

I am a fan of small chokes to eliminate the HF noise generated by most series regulators.