Help finding a subwoofer

I want a subwoofer that meets the following criteria.

1. 12 inch driver max size. Or 8 inch driver plus passive driver. Or 10 inches driver.

2. Android or IPhone or iPad app to change settings anytime I want.

3. Speaker high level inputs.

Please if you know any let me know.

System is for music primarily movies completely secondary. I really have two systems that can use the sub(s). Main drivers do not go low. On set is Cain and Cain single Ben with Fostex 8 inch driver. the other Martin Logan Motion 15, these are nice small speakers that Are not expensive.

Thanks for your contributions

alanpiga

Subwoofers ar very profitabe but not very difficult to build. Checkout Parts Express for a wide selection of pasive and active kits. You can save $eriou$ $$. Don't spend thousands. Happy Listening!

I saw the Martin Logan picturre with high level inputs those pictures are deceiving looking like there are non since they're not protruding like others. Thank you Avanti 1960 for letting me know!

doyle3433 between the sb3000 micro and PB2000 would you rate one of them as better for music? 

do you mind to elaborate on what you meant when you wrote preserving the damping factor at crossover frequency

When using active crossovers - which entails removing the passive in a multiway speaker - the amplifier is connected directly to the driver, so the damping factor of the amplifier is unaffected.

An idealized passive crossover has an infinite impedance at the crossover frequency. Hence zero amplifier damping. In the real world, the impedance is not quite infinite, but can be several multiples of the nominal impedance and thus driving the damping to zero. Look at speaker impedance graphs on Stereophile and you will see impedance peaks of 10x nominal. The phase response is horrible in the XO region.

Thinking of budget I would forego xo to the Mains. And thinking about the high level input the question arise if the the worse tube amp bass performance relative to solid state is due to interaction with speakers is it then less worse going into the subwoofer. If tubes mean bad bass then I would also have to forego high level input .

XO to the mains is trivial. A simple series capacitor correctly sized to the main amp impedance. Anyone can build one in an afternoon. XO frequency should be at least ½ octave above anechoic corner frequency.

See Simple HQ Passive XO

High level sub inputs are about the dumbest idea extant. People spend silly money on fancy speaker cables and then gum up the works with a "Y-cord"