Elrog 300b vs we300b

I am looking for an upgrade to my elekit tu8600s. Currently have cossor black plates. I use the amp for my hd800s and zmf atticus. I am looking for more transparency, dynamics and a bigger stage. I am interested in a richer tone too so not sure which direction to go. Any thoughts?

smodtactical

Psvane manufactures different quality levels of tubes. The ACME is their uppermost tier for the 300b.

Charles

@sns 

i noticed the acmes look completely different and more robust  The price, I am sure, reflects the difference in quality vs the pair I had.

The best 300b tubes are expensive. Their better sound quality and reliability are justification. If you have a high quality 300b amplifier and audio audio system, it’s the right way to go. I would not hinder a good amp with lower tier 300b tubes.

Charles

1. @johnnycopy

In an earlier post I mentioned I had owned the EML XLS tubes for 7 or 8 years. I came across an old post of mine regarding 300b choices. At the time I made that post I had owned the EML tubes for about six months, so early spring 2013. I still have those tubes and they still sound terrific! They tested strong 6 months ago on my friend’s Amplitrex tube tester. My how time flies.😊

Rlowe,
It’s hard to say, I used the Shuguang BT heavily for 2 1/2 years prior to getting the Takatsuki 1 1/2 years ago. The BTs are still very usable presently. I have the AVVT 32b (300b) which the Manufacturer said is a 40, 000 hour tube! I also have the EML XLS which shares a similar design and pedigree so who really knows?
Charles,

@charles1dad 

good to hear about the durability of the xls tubes Charles. I am looking forward to what sonic differences I will notice from the psvane (non acme version) to the Eml xls.

and of course the 5 year warranty was important to me after the recent failure.