Rebadging of Streaming Platforms

So I was reading some Q&A from an audio reviewer last night in which he mentioned that most audio streamers are just rebadged platforms from one or two vendors (I'm talking just the streaming portion of any unit, not the DAC).  I have had more than one dealer tell me the same thing.  So my question for anyone who knows is who actually makes these one or two platforms?  Or conversely, who actually makes their own streamers?  I going out on a limb and am guessing that Sonore may be one who "makes their own" but was hoping some one else had the actual answers.

badgerdms

In addition to Stream Unlimited, another swiss outfit

My Signature Rendu (spdif) streaming module identified itself as a MR-MOD formerly produced by ABC-PCB now Engineered Electronics and still supported with newer firmware. I can say the Sonore unit is an exceptionally good sounding unit using this module. I've been through various streamers up to a DCS Network bridge and the Sonore is right up there with it but the DCS and Blue sound Node 2 is just so much more convenient as one box w/native android app solutions, no server needed to stream Tidal/Qobuz and radio. With the Sonore I did have to add an SOTM Neo 200 to use Bubbleupnp server & app and was worried about leaving the SOTM on 24/7 (w/SD card hosted software). I may actually put them back into service at some point for variety. I have not compared any Raspberry PI or similar mini computer board based solutions or Lumin/Aurender/Auralic who probably develop their own.

@oltmb Thanks, I think you got closer to what I was asking than anyone else.  I have a feeling there are two or three companies providing the streaming capability in all kinds of high end components.  Interesting that the image under HiFi is a Naim Uniti Atom and under Smart Speaker it's one from B&O.  $20 says if you pop the top on streaming Weiss or Bricasti you find something like this in there.

Unless you are talking something uber bespoke (on the level of the Grimm), I'm guessing most folks use something similar to the StreamUnlimited boards.