What is the best tonearm for a SOTA Nova turntable?

I haven't played an LP for a while now. I've moved from CD's to streaming both Tidal and my own rips from a Roon Nucleus plus. My SOTA Nova with an ET2 arm has been sitting idle along with hundreds of high quality LP's. I've heard that the ET2 is not a good match with the SOTA, and may be the weak point in my analog chain. (SOTA-ET2-Lyra Kleos -Allnic 1201 phono stage- ARC Ref6- PS Audio-BHK300 amps-Reference 3a Grand Veena speakers and unnamed sub system. 

My digital system with a Holo May DAC and Roon with HQP trounces the analog system pretty soundly.

I'd like to resurrect the analog system as I have read that I'm missing out not using it.

My question is, where can I make the most improvement for the least cash outlay?

I'd like to keep the SOTA table, but everything else is expendable.

Thanks in advance for some help.

-John

gyneguy225

Thanks for the VPI info. I read a review of the Kiseki purple heart by Jim Hannon at  TAS and he was pretty impressed, comparing it to some Koetsu’s. The ET2 was one of the arms he used in the review. I have the cartridge mounted but haven’t listened yet. It was a tense install as I received no stylus guard with the cartridge. Now, I need to set tracking force, VTA, and azimuth. I’m savoring this stuff, and listening can wait til tomorrow. I wanted a new cartridge but all of the Kiseki’s are sold out. Needless to say I’m stoked about listening tomorrow

Having your Nova refurbished for $3k plus a tonearm for around $2500(just throwing a number at it) would be a steal. A new Nova with the same tonearm would be $7.5k.  To meet or beat your "renewed" turntable you would have to spend $7k to $$9k. The Origin Live Silver tonearm I put on my Sapphire two years ago was $900. If I ever updated my tonearm the Kuzma 4point9 would be at the top of my list, but I am very happy where I am now.

There is no "Best" choice. SME V and many Rega variations are Great Choice for under $35k......

Audionut51

There are many very good tonearms to be had for way less than your quoted cost of the VPI. Possibly even a used Triplanar or Reed. Certainly a used Dynavector, FR, Victor, or Technics, for examples.

Holmz, it’s actually voltage based amplification from cartridge to speakers, if you exclude the aforementioned low internal resistance, LOMC cartridges. Although even that’s an oversimplification.