The new LSA Signature 50 Monitor "Disruptive Product"

My review on the Stereo Times website on the LSA Signature 50 speaker was posted this morning. I believe that you GON members would enjoy the details why I refer to this monitor as a "Disruptive Product" regarding it's cost vs. performance ratio. Take a look at the review for the details of why my time with the Signature 50 was so much fun and has lead to hours of musical enjoyment.

Teajay (Terry London)

amorstereo

@grislybutter -- explain what?  It's an online retailer that sells audio gear. Some of it is from other manufacturers, and some of the gear is their own house brand - LSA. 

@mlsstl 

the colors, the design, the logic, the missing info, the lack of structure, the redundancy, all that. I am not asking for much, just the minimum of consistency and transparency. 

@grislybutter -- well, I'd agree that the web site design has a strong scent of amateurishness, but then I've seen endless numbers of web sites over the years that fall in that camp.  Underwood has been around for many years and seems to be doing well, and since they only sell on the internet, the amateur web design approach seems to work for them.  I'd guess their way of thinking is, if it works, why change it?  And, like any other retail operation, if you don't like it, you don't have to buy anything from them, do you?

@mlsstl

let’s focus on the facts:

this is an online retail store

let’s put aside the design.

the content and the menus look like a botched middle school project from 1997. I am no web design guru, but I’ve built a lot of web sites, it’s literally less than a day for a student to put together a site like this, in a user friendly format.

The lack of any standards, structure, navigation, formatting is astounding.

But you are right, if customers are OK with this, why change it.

One more thing: I purchased from them, a pair of LSA speakers. It was far worse than any other speaker I tried and for far more money than the competition in the same category. So for me, it does not add up. The money they save on design ($300 to be generous) does not manifest in added value for the customer.

And that’s what tricked me, originally, I thought they their products must be so good, so outstanding that they can afford to not care about the web site. I was wrong.

good learning experience

@grislybutter 

Weird... you say "let's put aside the design" and.....  then you complain about the design.

Sorry you didn't like the speakers you bought from them. You didn't say which model, but many of their speakers have garnered good reviews. But that just goes to show that everyone has their own opinions. Even the most well regarded items have their detractors. Pick any speaker brand -- Harbeth, Devore, Klipsch, B&W, Dynaudio, Magnapan and so on -- and you'll find some who love them and others who think they are overpriced trash.  No surprise that there is the same range of opinions about LSA.