DISCUSSION: "It only comes out at night". Does anyone else have this experience!?

In my listening experience, whatever system you have, whatever components, whatever the material, medium, one thing always seems to remain constant. It ALWAYS sounds better in the deep and still of the night!!!

Is it because night time is generally quieter? Is it because the world of electronics is then shielded from the SUN? Is it because there is less demand on the electrical service?

Whatever it is, there is one thing I know for sure, music sounds better late into the night!

kmckenn

Moderator - - Why can't our answers/comments to a specific post, be posted after THAT post, rather than it being lost at the end of the post list?? Ya know, like every other forum on the planet does it!?

@daveteauk  buying off, on? Talking about the coincidentally phrased question response, and what answer that as such phrased question got, alleged buying off?

Moderator - - Why can't our answers/comments to a specific post, be posted after THAT post, rather than it being lost at the end of the post list?? Ya know, like every other forum on the planet does it!?

There may be some legitimate science to support the idea that, as a result of a multitude of factors, electronics may produce better sound quality at night.

I agree with the others here that say such a perception is mostly psychological.

Mood, lighting, the fact that you’re probably not having your scotch (and/or whatever) at 2:00 pm (no judging here) etc.