Cube Audio Nenuphar Single Driver Speaker (10 inch) TQWT Enclosure

Cube Audio (Poland) designs single drivers and single driver speakers. 

Principals are Grzegorz Rulka and Marek Kostrzyński.

Link to the Cube Audio Nenuphar (with F10 Neo driver) speaker page: 

https://www.cubeaudio.eu/cube-audio-nenuphar

Link to 6Moons review by Srajan Ebaen (August 2018):

https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/cubeaudio2/

----------------------------------------

Parameters (from Cube Audio):

Power: 40 W

Efficiency: 92 dB

Frequency response: 30Hz - 18kHz ( 6db)*

Dimensions: 30 x 50 x 105 cm

Weight: 40 Kg

* Frequency response may vary and depends on room size and accompanying electronic equipment.
david_ten

@mikeg  Mike, my memory might be failing on this but I don't remember Cube "not liking V1s paired with 300B amps."  What I do remember is a preference by Cube Audio for 45 and 2A3 amps. If you have more information on this from Cube, please share.

Based on my experience with the V1, the ~8 watts of output, typical of 300Bs, is (per my estimation) the bullseye for 'ideal' SET power to drive the V1s. 

I'd expect a high quality design / execution of a 300B amp to be linear and neutral and be an effective pairing for the V1s. Chosen 'voicing' of the specific design, per the owner's preference, is an obvious factor.

If you remember, Cube Audio didn't like the pairing of the V1s with 300B based amps

@charles1dad ditto. I was under the same impression. Inquiring minds want to know what backs up that statement.

@juanmanuelfangioii

In all candor I don’t believe there is a backing up statement. Certainly due to personal taste preference one might prefer a 45 /2A3, nothing unusual there. By the same token other listeners may prefer the 300b. Normal variance depending on numerous audio system factors.

Charles

Here's some food for thought:  I think this a question for Cube Audio with respect to the V1 and they will see it as a mute point.  Why did Cube Audio have a list of compatible amplifiers when they offered the V1s?  You don't see a recommended list for the V2s. Why did the Mono & Stereo Review state: "For tube amplifiers, Cube Audio recommends such designs based on 2A3, Px4, 45 tubes" and not 2A3, Px4, 45, and 300B tubes.  Have you ever seen Cube or Refined Audio specifically demo with 300B based amps? I remember addressing this exact question at some point in my search.  

Seems like considerable conjecture in all honesty. I can’t think of any logical reason why a 300b amplifier would not be a fine choice. Certainly no technical reason. I’d love a comment directly from Cube Audio on this topic. I would be very surprised if they said there is some reason to avoid the 300b. Again, to me it appears to be a terrific pairing.

Charles