The New Synergistic Research Purple Fuses

This thread is intended for those who are actually using the new SR Purple Fuses. In my system, they are a significant improvement over the SR Orange fuses. What are your impressions? 

Frank
128x128oregonpapa

Hello ball-wheel -

How is the bass response on the receptacle with the Rhodium plating and are you still using it? I'm very interested in you reply. 

I've got just over 350 hours on the Furutech GTX-D Gold and while I'm not getting a veiled presentation I'm getting quite the opposite. I was anticipating a warm presentation due to the glod plating however I'm finding the high frequencies and resolution to be very good. I have a power cable with Furutech FI-50 Rhodium plugs on my preamp's outboard linear power supply and while it took forever for it to settle in it was well worth it. However the Rhodium did shock my system early on as I feel it's clinical in nature. All of my other power cables are some combination of brass, copper, gold etc. so that's why I went with the GTX-D Gold hoping that there would be synergy. 

I am finding the GTX-D Gold to be lean and lacking drive in the lower frequencies. The bass articulates well however it's not natural sounding or deep as you'd expect from the receptacle. In m system the AV Options Deep-Cryo Hubble receptical has much deeper more natural sounding bass. The AVO Hubble surprisingly has better momentum, much deeper bass, more Dynamics and tacticle percussion. The Hubble could take some cues from the Furutech GTX-D in resolution and clarity. 

Best regards 

N

I have tried one purple fuse on the cable from my wall outlet to my Isotek Evo 3 power conditioner. I am liking the additional details that I hear in music tracks so much so that I have placed an order for purple fuses for the rest of the components in my system, other than my power conditioners and sub-woofers. 

Now thinking about it, was leaving them (the sub-woofer and power conditioners) out a mistake?

Can I check with those that have installed the purple fuses on their systems whether replacing the fuses on sub-woofers and power conditioners will have a discernible and positive impact to the sound of my system?

Thanks!   

Hello dcpillai - I've consulted with Chris VenHaus of VH Audio and he advocates using them in power conditioning as the effects are cumulative. I've not discussed subs with him. 

N

Many thanks for the response @nutty. Should you ever discuss extending the use of the purple fuses to subs, please do let me know what Chris says. 

Was also wondering whether there are any components which would benefit from an orange fuse over a purple fuse? I would love a killer soundstage courtesy of the orange + the dynamism of the purple. One thought is orange for the pre and power amplifiers, while all the components utilise purple fuses? Would appreciate your views.

Hello dcpillai - Chris VenHaus would have better insight on your query,  however to my mind and what I've done in my system is was keep everything consistent. I've gone with all Purple fuses. Think of it as a loom of cables -