Cube Audio Nenuphar Single Driver Speaker (10 inch) TQWT Enclosure

Cube Audio (Poland) designs single drivers and single driver speakers. 

Principals are Grzegorz Rulka and Marek Kostrzyński.

Link to the Cube Audio Nenuphar (with F10 Neo driver) speaker page: 

https://www.cubeaudio.eu/cube-audio-nenuphar

Link to 6Moons review by Srajan Ebaen (August 2018):

https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/cubeaudio2/

----------------------------------------

Parameters (from Cube Audio):

Power: 40 W

Efficiency: 92 dB

Frequency response: 30Hz - 18kHz ( 6db)*

Dimensions: 30 x 50 x 105 cm

Weight: 40 Kg

* Frequency response may vary and depends on room size and accompanying electronic equipment.
david_ten

Installed the V2 drivers on Friday. I had +1.4dB of Roon DSP at 100Hz set on the V1s. I eliminated the Roon DSP before hearing the V2 drivers for the first time. The V2s definitely require a break-in period. I am hearing some of the differences as demonstrated in the Cube Audio in the V1 vs V2 youtube video. I do prefer the V2 over the V1 drivers and will go into more detail after 100 hours of burn-in. Refer to my recent review of the Farad Super 3 power supply on stereotimes.com for my complete system configuration. The V2s require more gain from my Ayon Audio S-5 preamp to power the First Watt SIT-1. My preamp volume runs from -60 to 0. I typically play music between -47 and -35 (-30 is half volume) with the V1 drivers and now I play music in the range of -39 to -32 with the V2 drivers. The V2s start to open up after about 20 hours of playing.  I think it's a big plus that I have been able to eliminate the Roon DSP 100Hz bass boost with the V2s and I anticipate being able to move the Nenuphars further away from the front wall which are currently 11" as measured from the rear of the speaker cabinet.

@mikeg   Mike, congratulations on moving to the V2 Nenuphars and thanks for sharing your early findings.

Since I have the V1s and am using a 3 watt amp, the additional gain needed for the V2s is both noted and significant for my situation. 

Looking forward to your detailed impressions after the 100 hour mark.