Emm Lab CDSA-Se vs Resolution Opus 21.

A friend heard them both at a local dealer and didn't think they were far apart sound-wise.
128x128tabl10s
Mixalis

I don't think that you can run from DIN output straight to the power amp on the Opus 21. I believe you have to go through the preamp first.
Arthur, I know that you own an Opus. Have you ever wired it directly to an amp? Also, would the Audience din to rca cable split sufficiently to plug into monoblocks.

Hunglo you make a good point. I'm not sure you can feed the din connecting directly to a power amp but I have a pair of Red Wine Signature 70s with adjustable gain and am just wondering if that would make a difference.

Thank you both for your feedback.
Regards,

J.
I also have the RA Opus. DIN output is not variable. It must be connected to a preamp. XLR and RCA outputs are variable and can be connected direct to amp/s.
To a typical amp you cannot run straight from DIN, as stated above. I think you can to the RW's adjustable gain, but I'd check with Vinnie just to be sure...FWIW, I did not think DIN was a significant improvement to the sound of the RA, the GNSC mods is a whole other ballgame with this player though. Takes it up a few notches in almost every way imaginable. A couple things I did find helped as well is the umbilical cable between the units (I use the Revelation Audio) and the PC (I use the DCCA Source) YMMV, but I thought these were both nice improvements, done after I had it modded by GNSC
Thanks again Arthur and Sammie.
I think it would work but I'll check with Vinnie. Arthur, my Opus has already been modded by GNSC ;-)
I just looked into the Revelation Audio umbilicale cable, uh, damn (gulp), how much of an improvememt did you perceive it to to the sound of your Opus? and did you hear the improvement pre mod or post mod? Did you think it worth the money?

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge.

Kindest regards,

John