Top monitors 3K - 6K range

Hello all,

I am looking into some flagship monitors and I'd like some help/recommendations. I don't have a single sound I like and my tastes in music are pretty diverse too. Currently I have a few nice speakers including Harbeth SHL-5, B&W 805N, Magnepan 1.6 and PSB Imagine B. These speakers are all pretty different and I do like them all. I have owned Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor M which somehow did not do it for me, amazing imaging but a little thick. Also I have had the Merlin TSM MMI which was great but my amplification is SS which seems to cause some restrictions.

My room is 12x16, speakers on the short wall. I do tend to like a slightly warm sounds but I also love dynamics, pinpoint imaging and sexy looking cabinets.

I am currently looking into:

B&W 805D
Totem Mani 2 Signature
Dynaudio C1
Focal Micro Be
Usher BE-718
Volent VL-2
Evolution MMMicroOne

Any recommendations? Am I missing anything?
128x128michaelkingdom
It depends abpout the poweramplification you use. A few of the speakers you mention are what we call 2 dimensional brands. For the money you want to spent you easilly can get a speaker what is 3d holographic. Only peolple with not enough knowledge could choose for 2 dimensional sound. I give you one example: I did a trest between the 805D and the Monitor Audio Pl-100. The last one is superior in depth and 3d imaging. I would not want the B&W even for free. I played 8 years Nautilus 802 and 800 Signature. I know exactly were I am talking about.
I did compare also the Monitor Audio PL-100 with the C1 ( first version) MA had more depth, betere individual focus and more resolution.
Thanks Bo1972. I'll keep the Monitor Audios on my radar. By 2D vs 3d I guess you mean the image depth. I like a nice 3D soundstage. The Focals and the Dyns both do that well in my opinion. The B&W N805 is less deep but pinpoint accurate. I love'm all!
Yesss I mean depth. B&W is poor in depth because they are nott that great in making filters. That is why I stopped with B&W after more than 8 years of use ( 6 years 802N and more than 2 years 800Signature)The tweeter of the Pl-100 gives you more resolution of the whole stage. This is why it is wider and deeper. During live recordings you hear more information. I had a client who bought the C1 and wanted to compare them with the Pl-100. He was quite irritated by the fact that his loudspeaker was less precise.
Hi Michael I read on this blog that you like

caribbean music I, am from that region too.

the Dominican Republic. While I was living there I listen

to a lot of Cuban music I love it, specially the Buena Vista Social Club you will love it. Juan.