Audio Aero Capitole Reference SE

Anyone compared the Capitole MK-2 to the new Capitole Reference SE?. I was told that it is night and day difference.
Thanks in advance.
flashunlock
I own the MK2 (with SE upgrade) and recently listened to the new Capitol Reference at a dealership. I don’t recall the SE designation but maybe it was. Night and day difference, absolutely not. It did however appear to have better resolution than mine.
I can't think of too many things that I would improve over the Capitole Mk 2 other than resolution. Of course, with the improved resolution a couple of other related items are invariable going to improve along with it.
Thanks guys. Resolution is welcome so long it doesn't mess up the world class mid band.
I have had at home 4 out of 5 AA Capitole players (and owned 2 of them):

Capitole mk II
Capitole mk II SE
Capitole Reference (which really should be called mk III)
Capitole Reference Signature.

"SE" on the old model and "Signature" on the new model is the same modification. Only name is different. It consists of cap upgrade (SE/Sig models use ultra expensive teflon V-Cap capacitors vs Hovlands found in the cheaper models), cryo-treated tubes and some damping pads under the caps.

IMO, regular Capitole mk II vs regular Reference is a close race. Same goes to Capitole mk II SE vs Capitole Reference Signature.

Now, regular vs SE/Signature, is a different story. No mater if you compare the regular Capitole mk II to Capitole mk II SE or Capitole mk II to Capitole Reference Signature, there certainly IS a very substantial difference.

Having said that, IMO Audio Research Reference CD-7 CDP is much better player than all Capitole players, and is now cheaper as well.

I went from Capitole mk II to Capitole mk II SE, then MBL1531. Now I have CD-7 and could not be happier.