Need help with Mutec MC3+ USB, Esoteric Clock and dCS Network Bridge

Over the years I have ended up buying multiple boxes as written above, also including Marantz SA10 CDP, Adagio DAC, and a custom-built server not to mention a preamp and monoblocks. How I ended up with that many gears is a very fascinating story for some other day to tell.

So when I got my hands on the Esoteric G02x clock, I connected it with dCS NB but I always wanted to use it for SA10 and server also. So I bought Mutec. I plan to connect the Mutec with the server via USB, NB with AES, SA10 with coaxial (SPDIF in on Mutec) , and Adagio with BNC cable (SPDIF out on Mutec)

Now Esoteric will be used as the Master clock (10MHz output on the clock) and connected to the Mutec (WCLK in) and a clock out of Esoteric to the dCS word clock in.

Am I doing it right? Also, the Master clock output on Esoteric is 50Ohm while WCLK input on Mutec is 75Ohm. So which BNC cable, 50 or 75ohm should be used?

rsjaurr

@rsjaurr Hi, You cannot connect a 75 Ohm clock cable to a 50 Ohm connection and vice versa.

The Mutec has an input for a 10mhz 75 Ohm clock. I believe the DCS NB is 75 Ohm but I cannot be certain. Most non Japanese equipment is 75 Ohm.

Sell the Mutec and buy this: http://www.audio-gd.com/R2R/DI20HE/DI20HEEN.htm

1+2 Word Clock outputs 44.1khz and 48khz go to the DCS NB and 50 Ohm 10Mhz out goes to the Audio GD.

Clock cables are expensive $2-3k each you need at least one expensive one to go to the Audio GD. You can use cheaper for the DCS NB but try to get all the same manufacturer.