Cube Audio Nenuphar Single Driver Speaker (10 inch) TQWT Enclosure

Cube Audio (Poland) designs single drivers and single driver speakers. 

Principals are Grzegorz Rulka and Marek Kostrzyński.

Link to the Cube Audio Nenuphar (with F10 Neo driver) speaker page: 

https://www.cubeaudio.eu/cube-audio-nenuphar

Link to 6Moons review by Srajan Ebaen (August 2018):

https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/cubeaudio2/

----------------------------------------

Parameters (from Cube Audio):

Power: 40 W

Efficiency: 92 dB

Frequency response: 30Hz - 18kHz ( 6db)*

Dimensions: 30 x 50 x 105 cm

Weight: 40 Kg

* Frequency response may vary and depends on room size and accompanying electronic equipment.
david_ten

<<Robert, has your move to tubes (Shindo and Aric Audio, etc.) changed your perspective on what's 'musically' achievable with the Nenuphars in the system chain?>>

Surprisingly to me, no. I have learned that the Nenuphars are sensitive to the quality of what's upstream, but then it comes down to personal preferences. Perhaps not unlike Stephen with his stable of different horses, I can listen quite happily using either a 300b or SIT-2 amp. If I do use the SIT, then I will pair it with a tube preamp. That said, I ended up here because I heard the Nens at AXPONA with an all solid state amplification chain....

@rwpollock   Thanks.  +1  Quality throughout the chain...rewards in spades

I have learned that the Nenuphars are sensitive to the quality of what's upstream

Btw, I’m using the older bakoon amp, AMP-51R with fleetwood devilles and they are a GORGEOUS pairing imo. Low DF, paired with stiff paper cone woofer, not flabby excursion drivers are when the magic starts to happen - it’s easily missed or mistaken. I think a SS amp with high DF with said woofers aren’t necessary and over control the woofers, potentially robbing natural rolloff. I’ve done this to the devilles - no go, imo.

Lots of info around the net, bakoons pair well with horns, SET sounding, drive ultra wide banners well, yada yada….but again, whatever your ears tell you is the real ticket.

Still enjoying the Nenuphars but missing the rich, full bottom end of my previous Harbeth 40.1. Looking at subs here in Canada, the Cube Sub 10 lists for CAN$7400. Gulpl!!! They must perform extraordinarily for that sticker price.

I’m sure there are lower cost alternatives, however as an experiment I pulled out a pair of Anthony Gallo TR-1 subs. The experiment lasted around five minutes as they simply muddied the bottom end and became an unblended distraction. I realize these Gallos’ are not the last word in high performance but I assumed they would be fast as they are in sealed enclosures. It makes me wonder about the feasibility of trying to integrate "off brand" subs with the Nens.

Anyone have direct experience comparing the Cube subs to other brands. Do the Cube subs performance justify the entry fee?