Legacy Audio AERIS: RMAF/listening impressions?

I made a trip to Legacy this past week to hear this speaker in a non-show environment which would also afford more time to listen and hear music that I took with me. I don't see alot in the way of RMAF postings here as yet and would like to hear people's impressions of this speaker as I thought it an amazing speaker with huge potential. I've started a section on my system thread for anyone that wants to add material or please put your thoughts and impressions here. Thanks!
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xzephyr24069
Sorry...same town, same time frame...thanks for pointing this out. Hopefully, someone heard them and can write back!
Hi all got my new Aeris in about 2 weeks ago traded in my focus se in bp asks Doug Brown to make sure he finds a good home for them (I will miss them ) So anyhow still breaking them in I find with the help of the Xilica I was able to dial in the bass better than the focus se for my room The new amt is so clean sounding but so far I would have to say it"s the midrange that"s so impressive there is something about it that just draws you into the music I here things I never heard before it will be interesting as I put some more hours on them to here changes as they break in
Thanks Cobraman...I had the opportunity to travel to Legacy again last week and hang out to listen to a brand new pair that had been built the days preceding my visit and was able to observe Bill dialing them in. Of all the Legacy speakers I've owned since 2005 (there have been a LOT), the AERIS amazes me with its ability to sound good right off the line (literally). I've also been able to hear a pair late last year that had 200 hours on them and can tell you break in like anything else I've owned will make a difference. Given the various levels I've heard (day1, 50 hours or so, 200 hours), my gut tells me that these speakers will 'come out' at 350-500 hours extremely strong and impressive. The best part is, they already sound great on day1! Please let us know how your break in results come in and what you are hearing. I agree with you about the AMT and the new midrange and midbass drivers. They are all something special. The thing that stands out the most is the integrity, sound profile and accuracy to real-life instruments that the mids and highs on this speaker render. You can really hear the differences between different metals (for cymbals, guitar and bass strings, etc...) and other materials (drum heads, pipe organ metal versus wooden/reed pipes, etc....In addition, based upon hearing the Aeris dialed in on 2 different occasions, I can tell you the AMT tweeter assembly appears to never show a harsh edge; you can keep throwing more level at it and it does not ever seem to distort,...all you get is more detail. This is an extreme rarity even in the best speakers I've heard. If first impressions (or third and fourth also in my case) are accurate, and break-in simply reveals and refines more about what it can do and how it does it, the AERIS is to me one hell of a speaker and an entrant at a reasonable price that should make some pricier manufacturers sit up, take notice and get very nervous (IMHO).