Legacy Audio AERIS: RMAF/listening impressions?

I made a trip to Legacy this past week to hear this speaker in a non-show environment which would also afford more time to listen and hear music that I took with me. I don't see alot in the way of RMAF postings here as yet and would like to hear people's impressions of this speaker as I thought it an amazing speaker with huge potential. I've started a section on my system thread for anyone that wants to add material or please put your thoughts and impressions here. Thanks!
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xzephyr24069
I was there and heard it. There was one big glaring problem that I couldn't get past. There was an obvious discontinuity between the tweeter and rest of the lower range. I believe it was first or second day of RMAF. Not sure if LA found a cure.
Thanks for your response; I heard them at LA a few weeks ago (2 weeks) after RMAF over a 4 hour listening session and did not pick up on this so I wonder if it was a function of the room, time to properly tune with the processor to the room, etc.....The speaker had only about 150 hours or so on it when I heard according to what I was told so full break-in was quite a ways away (IMHO...big fan of proper break-in here). It will be interesting to hear them fully broken in which I will be doing in December as it's time for another trip to meet these speakers :-)
I was just at Legacy Friday afternoon. Bill had pulled a pair from production and walked me through a room tune. There have been a few changes since RMAF. Probably the most significant was the change to the Xilicia XP 4080 processor which is the baby brother to the XD 4080 used with the Whispers. The other change was to go with 1000 wpc amplification for the bass section.
Thanks for letting me know this....they tell me they have the RMAF pair that would be broken in fully by this week so since I happen to have a business trip to a client south of Chicago coming up on Wednesday and Thursday morning I am thinking of going back for a listening session on Thursday afternoon before I catch my flight home on Friday. How did you like what you heard?
They are definitely in a different league than my Focus SE. Bill put a Signature SE in on the left and tuned it and it was amazing how the Aeris wss just so much in a different league.