SS amp mosfet 'haze' - ever experienced this?

Tried a new amp in my system on the weekend: the well-reviewed Gamut D200 mkIII (partly based on HP's great review), a single-mosfet SS design. At the dealers' place, it sounded great (speakers were Wilson Benesch Discovery, an isobarak, lower-efficiency design). I can't use a tube amp right now (unfortunately!) due to pending child and the system is on a LOT (2-ch/HT mix), so am looking for the most full-bodied SS amp I can find (prefer fully balanced design to match my modded SF Line 3 pre).

Well, to my surprise, the amp did NOT work out as well at my place. My speakers are 97db Coincident Total Victory. Yes, it was full-bodied, but I was definitely aware of this haze, or veiling around each note. I have a friend who designs amplifiers, and he said that this is inherent of mosfet designs. I called Israel (Coincident) and he was not surprised that I only heard this once I got back to my place, due to the high resolution abilities of my speaker vs the speakers at the dealer's. I guess I will be sticking with my Sim Audio W-3, as it is much 'cleaner' on my system (given that I must stay with SS). Too bad, 'cause my Sim W-3 definitely has the edge in clarity, but the Gamut was a touch more full-bodied.

Has anyone else experienced this 'haze' with a mosfet-based design? I admit, those with higher-efficiency speakers like mine (97db/14ohm) probably are NOT using higher-powered mosfet designs anyways, but I would like to know how others feel about mosfet designs and this issue I had.
sutts
Welcome to Audiogon, Michael and thanks for the post.
Hope you stick around. It's always nice to hear from people in the know.
Sutts (and others reporting 'haze'), how is your power? I modified a power strip with a small (< 1 uF) high-voltage (400V) film capacitor across the hot and neutral lines, and noticed immediately a reduction in 'grain' and 'haze' from my Hafler amplifier, which uses MOSFETs. My approach is very similar to the original Shunyata Hydra-4 power conditioner, which only uses a single 0.1 uF isolation capacitor across the hot and neutral of both duplex outlets in the unit. (Note: DO NOT try to build one of these if you don't have electrical training. AC power KILLS.) This very rudimentary power line conditioner made a startling difference in my system.

It's possible that what is being described as 'haze' is the result of dirty power.

This is all idle talk.  Typical of audiophiles.  Not worth a plugged nickel I fear.