First cd purchase

I was just wondering what our fellow audiogoners first cd purchase was and when. I believe mine was sometime in the late 80s and it was an opera RCA box set of Otello with Vickers,Rysanek,and Gobbi. And now its your time to tell us, what was your first cd purchase.
schipo
Ah, I remember it like it was yesterday. I got a rack system (shudder!) with CD player. Of course, I needed a CD to feed the new beast, and for some reason I opted for Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suite and Swan Lake Ballet excerpts CD. At first, it was amusing, but then I quickly grew tired of the sound. It was horribly bright, as I recall--the only way of making it listenable was by using the equalizer (a standard part of rack systems) to cut the treble frequenciesAh, I remember it like it was yesterday. I got a rack system (shudder!) with CD player. Of course, I needed a CD to feed the new beast, and for some reason I opted for excerpts from Nutcracker Suite and Swan Lake Ballet. At first, it was amusing, but then I quickly grew tired of the sound. It was horribly bright, as I recall--the only way of making it listenable was by using the equalizer (a standard part of rack systems) to cut the treble frequencies down, and raise the bass frequencies. I noticed that this wasn't necessary for the turntable or the tape deck or the tuner. So, I just stopped using the CD player. Leaving a big mystery that today I'd try to solve--was the problem the one CD I had? Or the player? In any case, that system went bye-bye not too long after, when I discovered "real" audio equipment. And, at that time, I dumped CD (and cassette and radio) completely for many years. down, and raise the bass frequencies. I noticed that this wasn't necessary for the turntable or the tape deck or the tuner. So, I just stopped using the CD player. Leaving a big mystery that today I'd try to solve--was the problem the one CD I had? Or the player? In any case, that system went bye-bye not too long after, when I discovered "real" audio equipment.
Easy: Sade, Promise.1985. Played on my new $500 Sony CD Player that I purchased on my first line of credit - a Macy's Credit Card. I will never forget listen to to that disc at night with the lights out...it was amazing! (at the time).
RUSH - Chronicles, in Dec. 1990, after wearing out my Rush LP's! It sounded really good, even then!