Anyone know how good MHDT Labs Paradisea DAC is?

There has been some talk on the net that it is a bit of a bargain. True or false?
raymondr
Stratosaur, interesting you should mention the DAC2; one of my favourite DACs. A few people have mentioned the Monarchy as being a good way to feed the Paradisea. I have tried the Monarchy Classic DIP into one of my earlier DACS and wasn't too impressed. Anyway, for me, Computer playback using empirical audio USB/SPDIF converter and SRC 24/96 upsample program is the way to go; startlingly good. Also, with regard to the Bendix, have you compared it to the recommended WE396A?
Raymond- I have not compared the 6385 to the 396 so I can offer no insight on their relative strengths and weaknesses. I believe that others have used NOS 2C51 to good effect. The 6385 is clearly better than any 5670 that I tried.

From the experiences of myself and a few other the Monarchy helps NOS DACS, which the Paradisea is. The BelCanto (I believe) already does some of the things that the Monarchy does so it offers no real improvement. With NOS DACS though the Monarchy improves the sound quality.

Agree on the computer playback. Just have not had the time or desire to convert. Since I burn my .wav files 24/96 DVD using Cirlinca (and they play as DVD-A discs on players that offer that capability or DVD video audio out for DVD players that do not) I am content for now. My PC is too noisy and is in the same room as my audio system. Eventually though I will be using PC audio. In fact I do so on my office system.
I am keen to try out the Monarchy DIP 48/96 Upsampler with the Paradisea? Can the Paradisea handle 24 bits / 96 KHz incoming signals?
Yes the receiver chip in the Paradisea can process 24/96. I prefer when using my disc player as a transport to run the Monarchy at 24/48. It just sounds fuller too my ears. Get a 1.5 or 5 ft digital cable to run from the Monarchy to the Paradisea. The Blue Jeans work great for this. My buddy bought the BJ after he tried mine out against his DH labs cable and another much more expensive cable that shall remain nameless.
Hi all. I just purchased a Paradisea and am waiting for it to come. It's amazing to find a piece that is so cheap, and pleases almost everyone who hears it. I read above that some are using a Monarchy to "feed" the DAC. Is this some processor between the transport and the DAC?