Ann Arbor, MI.

Just joined Audiogon this week. Posted a note to see if there was any interest from other "audio lunatics" in S.E. Michigan in getting together in some form or other before I became a member. Did get a few responses. Did see a post concerning the existence of a club called the "Michigan Woofer & Tweeter Society" but the link to it did not work and a web search produced nothing........so unless anyone out there knows how to contct these folks I would be interested in helping to start some sort of a audio club in this area.....
So if anyone is interested out there around S.E. Michigan please send me your e-mail address and at least your first name & last initial and I will start a database and get in contact with those who respond via e-mail say at the end of Jan 2004 and let everyone know how many are interested and if it's worth trying to arrange a meeting somewhere....
Thanks.

Greg in Ann Arbor, MI.
128x128soundhd
I believe that store is long gone! Ann Arbor still has several HiFi stores. Overture on main street, Big Georges on Stadium, and Paragon Sight and Sound. Overture and Big Georges are pretty good shops. I cant say the same about Paragon. owner guy continually complains about the high end market and how he doesnt make any money. I have been in audio for over 30 years. I expect at least a curtesey discont when I buy expensive stuff. All you get from Paragon guy is there are no margins, I dont make any money. As a saleman he is a drag. Avoid at all cost!
i remember Paragon, i had the same feeling as you when i visited that place. shame about Accutronics, they were true enthusiasts and very personable. Arnie worked with me on the Cornwalls, i paid him a little every month until they were mine. from there it was an 80wpc Hafler, then a Sumo 9, various preamps, a cd player, everything used. step by step he introduced me to high end audio, he could always name every component in my system.

Wow. I chanced upon this post and it brings back a lot of memories. I worked at Accutronics as a kid with Arnie. It was my first job out of high school. What a great time. I really got bit by the audiophile bug.

Not sure what happened to Arnie, or Tom (the tech) but those were a great buncha guys to work with. We had a lotta fun even if we didn’t make a lotta money. 

I live in SoCal now. The nature of the industry has changed a lot. The internet provides access to gear we never could have imagined back in ‘91 but it’s also a lot less personable. 

If Arnie (or Tom) ever reads this, much love!