DAC significantly better than a w4s DAC2-DSDse?

I recently purchased a w4s DAC2-DSDse that sounds great in my system (dunlavy sc-v, pass xp20, pass xa100.5's fed by FLAC files from a "bit-perfect" Linux server).

I need another dac for a second system. Is there a < $8K dac that clearly sounds better than the DSDse or should I just get a second one?

Thanks!
dddrrreee
I haven't heard the PS Audio DS DAC in person yet but my friend has heard it and he's raving quite a fair bit :)

This is against the Mytek DSD, the Bel Canto DAC3.5VB II, the Meitner MA-1 among others.
You will sell your preamp with this DAC. It beats it.

Maybe beats this one too DSD-S?

:-)

Best Wishes,
Alex Peychev
I heard lots of DSD at the Newport Beach show last week. We compared the same track, 44.1 PCM versus DSD. Namely track 1 from Kind of Blue. Sorry, but my PCM beat it.

My comment was specifically about my volume control technology. Beats 99% of preamps out there.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio
Re: no pre-amp. Steve N: How do you handle volume control? Do you throw away bits to lower volume or do you attenuate the analog signal? Has anyone done an A/B of your DAC against a good pre at low listening levels?

I initially bought the w4s to use w/o a pre, but it discards bits to lower the volume. Music (to my ear) sounded better at quiet listening with the pass. But no guarantees it wasn't the placebo effect.