About users with hidden agendas

If you know that a user is a dealer and they fail to disclose and attacks other users because they make a point against their interest, do you expose the user?

I know of a gentleman here that continuously posts and goes after people and does not disclose who he is. 

What are the ethics of this forum?

128x128astolfor

Well I read/scanned this dang thread, and I’d like that hour of my life back. I’ve been here a couple years, but don’t think I have enough history to appreciate or understand the acrimony, the emotions, and/or the choosing of sides.

That said, I am a big fan of Agon, looking at it daily, and what I’ve learned cannot be put into a short post. I feel strongly that a dealer should have to disclose themselves on this forum.

Personally, I don’t have enough history, or memory, to know who said or did/does what.  So, perhaps something simple, like “a badge”, that would accompany the posts of those who are paid, or financially benefit from taking part in the audio industry.  What’s wrong with a little transparency? … A simple disclosure form that users could voluntarily fill out as part of their profile.  

Accompanied by that, we are smart people who know dookie when we smell it. 

Spot on, gemoody.

A badge is worthy of consideration. But maybe a dealer / manufacturer disclosure in the signature is OK as a first step. To make Audiogon a better forum.

I never tried fuses and i will not buy new one...

Not because i doubt that there may be a positive modification if i did it .

Not at all... The same thing with cables... I did change my cables few times and always detected a difference postive and negative in some case...

Then why i did not want to change my fuses and my cables for better one?

First i dont need to invest money in my system now i am completely happy, no small change will make me happier...

Simple, second, the control of the general noise floor of the house, the control of resonance negative impact and vibrations on speakers especially and the passive treatment of the room with a balance between absorbing surface and reflecting and diffusive one on small room make together a greater differences than any fuses or cables for sure...NO COMPARISON HERE...Saying the opposite is ignorance...

Add to that in a dedicated room a mechanical control of the room like i did, to adapt the room to the speakers specific workings drivers and tweeters and to your specific ears , the improvement i gained is not a small improvement at all, it is a complete transformation of the speakers/room potential which reach their peak working possibility TOGETHER...

Listening experiments where the objective side of sound , what is measurable in the acoustic settings and in the devices used, which are Helmholtz resonators and diffusers, are being CORRELATED for my specific EARS and tastes... Here the tuning is a process where subjectivity and objectivity MEET TOGETHER... Subjectivity rules yes but any king need a kingdom , some objective ground... this is my point... It is not simple to understand? Then forget all those who vouch by measure ONLY or those who vouch by subjective taste ONLY... They are IGNORANT of acoustic...They want to sell your their TOOLS to measure in the first case, or they want to sell your their products in the second case... I sell creativity....

Then i will never bought anything costly, cables or fuses or any costly upgrade...

Then i recommend to  people and advise them before buying anything costly, to adress mechanical vibrations and the acoustic, at least passive material treatment if they are in a living room, and i advise them to look  if possible for  ways to decrease the electrical noise floor of the house...

To be wise never UPGRADE gear, if your basic gear is already basically relatively good, BEFORE working with the control of the electrical, mechanical and especially acoustic embeddings...If you dont do it, you will never know the S.Q. potential of what you already own, prematurely selling it to upgrade before the right moment in time...

It is not worth the money to invest on some secondary item of a car BEFORE upgrading the tires before a race.... Acoustic is the tires and the road itself in this metaphor...

Then i dont say that "tweaks" dont work, most did, i replicated some of them..

But the improvement is SMALL compared to acoustic not even on the same level...

is it not simple?

Thanks for your kind words toward me...My best to all and everyone, no person excluded...

Acoustic is the sleeping princess and all the pieces of gear are the 7 working dwarves...NOTHING MORE....

I appreciate the posts from mahgister, basically saying you can treat your room for low cost, rather than invest in component upgrades. I wonder what can be done in a combined living / listening room, like mine.

Post removed