Cube Audio Nenuphar Single Driver Speaker (10 inch) TQWT Enclosure

Cube Audio (Poland) designs single drivers and single driver speakers. 

Principals are Grzegorz Rulka and Marek Kostrzyński.

Link to the Cube Audio Nenuphar (with F10 Neo driver) speaker page: 

https://www.cubeaudio.eu/cube-audio-nenuphar

Link to 6Moons review by Srajan Ebaen (August 2018):

https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/cubeaudio2/

----------------------------------------

Parameters (from Cube Audio):

Power: 40 W

Efficiency: 92 dB

Frequency response: 30Hz - 18kHz ( 6db)*

Dimensions: 30 x 50 x 105 cm

Weight: 40 Kg

* Frequency response may vary and depends on room size and accompanying electronic equipment.
david_ten

@stephendunn Stephen, congratulations!!!

What a terrific outcome. I’d keep both. : )

Are you using your Decware Super Zen 25th Anniversary Edition without a preamp? Given how well it has performed for you, any thoughts on going for the monoblock version and it’s 6 watt output? Is the iFi Pro iDSD still in your chain?

Compared to the cost of your Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated, both the Enleum and Decware also take honors on price.

Interesting... The bass response is now 38Hz (6 dB).  It was 30 Hz (6 dB).  Why did the V2 lose the lowest bass response?  Should be easier to drive as an 8 ohm impedance.  What is the minimum impedance?  We know replacing the foam surround decreases the efficiency but extends the life of the driver.  Losing the lowest bass would be a non started for some.  I wonder why the decreased bass response wasn't noted in the 6 Moons review.  Not everybody uses the Nenuphars with subwoofers.

@mikeg Mike, the same questions came to mind when I saw the specs over at Cube Audio.

First thought was a typo (i.e 28 Hz)..I would have minimally expected 30 Hz (6dB)...a slight gain in LF. This is especially puzzling given what Cube highlighted regarding the V2 version:

"You can expect it now to be have even more bass"

@vinpic Any thoughts, given you have the V2 Nenuphars?

I have sent Grzegorz an email requesting clarification.

Heard back from Grzegorz. It was a typo: 28 Hz (6dB) is correct!!!

They will make the correction on their webpage.

I’ve deleted the former post. Here it is, with the [single correction]. If there are others, I will repost.

Specs for the V2 Nenuphars from Cube Audio:

Parameters:

​​Impedance: 8 Ohm

Max power: 40 W

Efficiency: 91 dB

Frequency response: 28 Hz - 18kHz ( 6db)*

​Dimensions:  30 x 50 x 105 cm

Weight: 40 Kg ​​

* Frequency response may vary and depends on room size and accompanying electronic equipment.