Audio Research Ref75 se

Hey there! I’m new here :)

I have Vandersteen speakers model 2Ce.

now I came across a solid deal for an ARC ref75se.

sadly I can’t hear them combined, and a friend of mine told me it might wont have enough power to run my Vandys to their best since they are 86dB.

also if it can be a good combo for the vandy sound wise .

any suggestion about that would help, if not I have an other deal for Asthetix Mimas which I heard and was decent.. but I really like Arc and from what I read 75se is a superb amp, and I can get them for the same price.

thanks for the help!

mike30

I've heard the Reference 75SE with the 2CE signature III, it is a fantastic pairing.  For me, it was more than enough power and drove them effortlessly to painful volume levels.

Further, as others have said, if you upgrade your speakers down the road, the amp will sound even better with better speakers.

hey thank you all for your responses!

well the thing is that i tried to find some good SS gear but it couldnt or it was more expensive.

for example the 75se is for 6.1k$

and i found PASS Labs for 2-3k$ more ax60.5 was around 8k i think.. might be more

cant find  Ayre anywhere .

so its either i need to wait for some used Pass or go with the tube 75se which i kinda like tubes anyway, even tho i can live with both SS or Tubes.

BTW @skucie I might be getting the new Signature III if i can sell my vandys and i will be adding just 500$ so its really good to hear u had good experience with them!

i found PASS LABS XA30.5 + XP-20 pre for 8.7k$ 

what do u think..? should i go with it or with the Audio Research