Has anybody heard the new Nagra CD Player?

Just wondering if anybody has heard the CDC. Considering its asking price, it should be one of the best out there... or not?
kamil
Alex,

There are many reasons why #3 did not sound as good but I’d rather not discuss them here.

Unfortunately, that leaves us information-seekers in the cold.

If the reason is because of less-than-adequate implementation of the test, then the results of the test are dubious (and personally, I do not understand how the audio signal in #2 gets to listeners' ears and therefore do not understand the "NOT the S/PDIF" bit). If the reason for the problem with #3 is indeed structural and cannot be addressed using known technology, then surely given your prior comments in the thread, you can say that. If you'd rather not discuss it here because you have reached technological epiphany and wish to patent it and license it to the audiophile world for a gazillion bajillion dollars before discussing (and if this is the case, more power to you), then you probably should have said nothing in the first place.

I personally have not done the tests. I would very much like to participate in such a test. I have no reason to believe that with competing 'cost-is-no-object' implementations that one or the other will provide an obviously better solution TODAY, though I admit to tending to the idea that a high quality implementation of data transfer through transistors and software-embedded chips will in the near future, if not now, likely get a result of Quality Level X with less expense than a transport physically spinning a reflective disc. That said, I am completely open to being convinced of the opposite. While I have no reason to disbelieve someone of your obvious expertise and passion in the digital domain, I am perplexed by the thrust of your commentary, and the fact we are left hanging after such a detailed buildup.
Aplhifi- There is NO difference between the data on a CD or CD-r, how the data gets there is another discussion.

So to keep in track here, all things considered, 1:1 file copying, convenience, mind blowing sound, why would one invest in an incredibly expensive CD player right now? Beyond me...Good to have one in the mix I guess, but to put alot of $$ into it at this stage is not in my opinion is not the best investment. Doesn't mean a USB DAC is the best investment since quite honestly the chips have not completely fallen on this subject...But I personally could not be happier with my set up, and I sure this will be for years to come.
If a CD player is what you want, then this player is it. Nicest I have seen or heard, although I think the Rega players are the best value for the $$, and they sound incredible...The Nagra stuff is totally overpriced. I say that or course because I can't afford it, and also because I think there are much better values out there.

If you want a CD player, and have the scratch to pay for it, by all means this player should be on your short list. The transport is insane. I would be willing to bet $$ though that the Crimson sounds better in spades.
I went to listen to NAGRA CDC on Sunday. It was amazing again. The warmth of human voice is exellent. The tight and big bass is astonishing. Music flows itself. The more I hear this little monster, the more I want to have.

The question is how can I do about my LINN SONDEK CD12.