Audio stores going out of business?

So who has noticed more audio stores going out of business? Basically The Home Theater Store and Tweeter are taking over as mainstream audio stores. I'm finding it hard to even audition some of the brands that used to be readily available. Just an observation.
argent
argent: ain't so in metro denver. in fact a new highend store opened this summer. and none, of which i'm aware, has closed. BTW, our "tweeter" is "soundtrack," a chain owned by ultimate audio and, unfortunately, headquartered here. -kelly
Regrettably, I had to live in Cleveland for a few years. Anyway, there were a few high-end audio stores there that closed over the course of about 18 months. One of them "re-opened" as a Home Theater store. The new store had inferior equipment, and teenage know-nothings for salesmen. Sad, sad, sad.
I have seen three go out in my area in the last five years. One I used often and will always miss the relationship that we had. I was told that there are just to many tire kickers and not enough people buying. It has to be a hard business. Yes the mark ups are huge but after you calculate stock, advertisment, rent, and salary Im sure that mark up doesnt look so favorable.

Its a shame because when I look back on what I was planning to buy before getting there advice and help I cringe at the collosal amount of money I almost wasted.