Products you added to your system in 2021 that made most impact to your music enjoyment

As 2021 comes to an end, just thought it would be cool to share some of the most impactful audio upgrades in your system this year?
Here’s my top 5 list…

1. Pass Labs XP-12: Upgrade path was from Rogue RP-1 to Rogue RP-5 and then to Pass XP-12 that was the final touch. Huge improvements across the board. Mates well with my Rogue ST-100 tube amp.

2. Phono Cartridge: Goldring E3 MM to Hana EL MC. Clarity, presentation, dynamics in spades!

3. Phono Pre: From the built in phono pre in RP-1 and RP-5 to MoFi UltraPhono to Sutherland KC Vibe MkII. Lowered noise floor, increased resolution, dynamics. The KC Vibe MkII is almost double the cost of the MoFi and it’s the one of the few upgrades where an improvement was proportional to the cost difference. At least in my system. Records that seemed noisy become more listenable. A great little phono pre. 

4. Audience AU24sx speaker cables. These speaker cables are a clear window into a recording. Nothing hidden, nothing exaggerated. 

5. Power Cords: Acoustic Zen Gargantua for preamp and amp. Lower noise floor, increased resolution, natural sound, expanded soundstage

Honorable mentions:

1. Acoustic Zen Absolute Copper interconnects. In my opinion the AZ cables don’t get the respect they deserve on these forums anymore, overshadowed by some of the “flavor of the day” newcomers (without going into specifics on brands).

2. Puritan PSM156 power conditioner. 
3. Supra Cat8 Ethernet cable.

4. Lumin U1 Mini

5. MoFi LP#9 Stylus Cleaner. Better than the Onzo ZeroDust although I still use the Onzo between the sides. 

128x128audphile1

I upgraded my speakers from KEF R300 bookshelf to Spatial Audio Sapphire M5s, open baffle. Next, I went from an SVS SB2000 subwoofer to a REL T/9x. The KEFs were sounding a bit tinny and shrill, so getting the large Spatials really smoothed things out. The RELs are also smoother than the SVS—the blend is cleaner.  Really good results all around.

2021 was a year of Enjoyment of my existing system: very few changes made. The one thing that did get changed and truly was an upgrade what is the inclusion of Morrow audio speaker cables. What an unveiling of detail they brought. Happy holidays to all

A pristine (stock) pair of Quad ESL 63's with QuadroPro stands. These were purchased from a widow who had stored them in original boxes for 25 or 30 years. The intention was to rebuild them as a winter project. After 2 months of playing them every day, in place of my Martin Logan panels, I have no reason to dismantle them as they continue to amaze....

Until they fail... they stay put... incredible tech.

Post removed