Focal Utopia 3 Scala speakers

I am just curious to hear peoples' opinion on these speakers. I am not interested in purchasing them, but lately I have seen quite a few of them sold for less than half the retail price (all in as-new condition). Is there anything wrong with this particular Utopia 3 model or is just a coincidence? The Alto Be models that Scala has replaced was a wonderful speaker.
nvp
Dave, it seems to me you like having bass knobs (on your speaker, on your pre-amp). Maybe you should change your moniker to bass_knob. I hope you do not take this the wrong way. I am just joking. :)

Mike60, thanks for the suggestion. At 12k euros Scala is certainly a bargain,
but they still are too large for my room and my listening habits. First, my ears are approximately 8 feet away from the tweeters; this may not permit a perfect driver integration. I really have no intentions to change the layout of may room again. (I did it 4 times in order to get the flattest bass response). Second, most often I listen at low levels (65-70 dB); my experience is that large floor standers need to be cracked up a bit in order to open up.
Focal Utopia Scala sounded phenomenal in the Bob Hodas/Tape Project room at the California Audio Show this last weekend. Quite a small room.

Preamp and power amps from Luke Manley (MB 450 Series III) with Tara Labs cables. The source was first class - Otari tape deck with custom Bottlehead electronics and The Tape Project material.

The Utopias were on custom Sound Anchor stands that raised them quite a bit.

I was entranced by the Rimsky-Korsakov and blown away by the Patricia Barber cut. One of the 2 best rooms, for me.

Regards,
Hi Nvp,

Why yes, yes I do. lol. I like the flexibility, regardless if it degrades the signal or not! Imo, the degradation of the signal is negligible. But that's another topic for another time!