DISCUSSION: "It only comes out at night". Does anyone else have this experience!?

In my listening experience, whatever system you have, whatever components, whatever the material, medium, one thing always seems to remain constant. It ALWAYS sounds better in the deep and still of the night!!!

Is it because night time is generally quieter? Is it because the world of electronics is then shielded from the SUN? Is it because there is less demand on the electrical service?

Whatever it is, there is one thing I know for sure, music sounds better late into the night!

kmckenn

As my time is mostly occupied with other things during the day, most of my listening, serious or casual, is late at night.

Aside from a cleaner electrical grid, without the clutter of the usual cacophony of daytime noise, subtle sounds become more vivid.

During the day, I have to strain to hear the ticking of any of our clocks. Setting on my audio sofa, at night (If I listen for) I can clearly hear the distinct and unique ticking of nearly every clock in the house or the click clack of the dogs nails as he walks across the floor. When the music goes on those sounds disappear and I am pulled into the performance and become aware of the many subtle nuances of instruments and vocals, that the quiet and calm of the night allows me to appreciate.....Jim 

@jhills “During the day, I have to strain to hear the ticking of any of our clocks. Setting on my audio sofa, at night (If I listen for) I can clearly hear the distinct and unique ticking of nearly every clock in the house”…

Yes, excellent point. Most are so immune to all the subtle background noise… your observation is exactly what it takes to be aware of all the components of the ambient room noise floor. When coupled with a quieter power grid you get the best time to listen. 

Moderator - - Why can't our answers/comments to a specific post, be posted after THAT post, rather than it being lost at the end of the post list?? Ya know, like every other forum on the planet does it!?

@daveteauk  buying off, on? Talking about the coincidentally phrased question response, and what answer that as such phrased question got, alleged buying off?