The Big Misconception About Electricity

This vid goes quite a ways down the road to explaining why:

1)  Power cords make a not so subtle difference.

2) Cable elevators should not be looked at askance.

Regards, barts

128x128barts

Old style incadesent bulbs will start glowing almost immediately even as the voltage is building once the switch is closed but LED bulbs will not light up below a certain voltage. I notice that when I flip a switch in a room now it takes a brief moment for the LED bulbs to turn on.

@tonywinga, there are LED bulbs that turn on at low voltage, certainly as low as any incandescent bulb ever will and quicker. The brief moment for the LED to turn on is because there is a power supply in the bulb (most bulbs), and you need time to charge up the capacitors for controllers, output capacitors, etc. just like any power supply.

@cindyment So you post their assertions without presenting any of the evidence that they cite for the claim. Very interesting....

Let me ask you one question..... Is this claim more or less preposterous that a description of a Black Hole, or a Neutron Star, or Dark Matter, or String Theory?

Black Hole: A black hole is a region of spacetime where gravity is so strong that nothing — no particles or even electromagnetic radiation such as light — can escape from it. The theory of general relativity predicts that a sufficiently compact mass can deform spacetime to form a black hole. The boundary of no escape is called the event horizon.

Neutron Star: Neutron Stars. When the core of a massive star undergoes gravitational collapse at the end of its life, protons and electrons are literally scrunched together, leaving behind one of nature’s most wondrous creations: a neutron star. Neutron stars cram roughly 1.3 to 2.5 solar masses into a city-sized sphere perhaps 20 kilometers

Dark Matter: Dark matter is a hypothetical form of matter thought to account for approximately 85% of the matter in the universe. Its presence is implied in a variety of astrophysical observations, including gravitational effects that cannot be explained by accepted theories of gravity unless more matter is present than can be seen. For this reason, most experts think that dark matter is abundant in the universe and that it has had a strong influence on its structure and evolution. Dark matter is called dark because it does not appear to interact with the electromagnetic field, which means it does not absorb, reflect or emit electromagnetic radiation, and is therefore difficult to detect

@yuviarora , I don’t have any issue with black holes or neutron stars, and our observations of multiple electromagnetic and gravitational phenomena correlate with the theories.

Dark matter is accepted as likely, and really, it is just distributed matter, nothing special about it. It does not emit heat or light, which if it is at the cosmic background temperature of about 3 kelvin, is not surprising. They could be non baryonic particles making them hard to detect. However, there are vastly different ideas about how much there is but the accepted theory is 80%. This is what is required for galactic/universal gravitational models. Locally, i.e. on a solar system level, our gravity models work just fine and are more than accurate enough sans dark matter.

@mahgister , anyone who states the following with a straight face is a nut-job in my mind.

The evidence suggests that only a few thousand years ago planets moved close to the earth, producing electrical phenomena of intense beauty and terror.

We contend that humans once saw planets suspended as huge spheres in the heavens. Immersed in the charged particles of a dense plasma, celestial bodies "spoke" electrically and plasma discharge produced heaven-spanning formations above the terrestrial witnesses.

And most of the authors and contributors to the Electric Model are REAL SCIENTISTS. Employed at some of the most prestigious Universities around the world.

But just like Covid....A scientist is only a scientist when he defends the status quo, everyone else is a Quack.

The Progenitor of the Electric model is Nikola Tesla, he is often called the Father of Electricity and I don’t think I need to go very deep into his resume.

😁😊

For most people it is Edison...

Tesla is ALMOST unknown in US....

Some physicists even call him a "myth"... An exagerated myth by ignorant people...

I know i discuss with one 20 years ago, a world publishing one by the way, who say it straight to my face...

We became friends and he change his stance very slowly.....

Anyway TESLA published NOTHING....

How do you cite a man who publish NOTHING....hor do you evaluate him in universities and physics faculties?

The last time someone of his level lived on earth it was perhaps Archimedes...

Sometimes myths are lies.... But sometimes even a myth is an underestimation of the truth....

it takes exactly 2 millenia and more to understand the true genius level of Archimedes concerning for excample his use of the infinite in his mathematical methods...

:)😁😊