Qobuz Issue

I've purchased a "Sublime" account, which Qobuz accepted my Credit Card for. I go to download discounted music and Qobuz won't accept that same card. Turns out, they won't accept any card for downloading. I attempted to buy music with my debit card, no good. I've contacted my card company twice and they assure me theres no block on my Credit card. Sebastien and I are swapping emails and that's slow. Sebastien tells me they have opened investigation that can take up to 10 days. Anyone have suggestions or a remedy?

2020matters

I first started mailing Sebastien on Nov 13. A deeper look into the problem started 7 days ago, the 15 of November. I’ve asked for a refund of $180, to which yall know the answer. This is what it tells me when I attempt to use same signing up card "The payment was refused, verify your bank details before proceeding with a payment again." I’m not able to stream at this time but, I bought Sublime for discounted downloads. Today, the 22nd. Sebastien sends an email saying card issues haven’t been fixed but I can use Paypal, to which I have no account.

jfhess, I couldn’t agree more with a US Qobuz phone number.

update:  an unexpected reply from Sebastian.  I got an email list email about music on Qobuz.  I replied as below and Sebastian replied as below, top.  I replied to him outline the things I have tried, I wonder what he'll say.

Hi John, 

Thanks for your email.  I'm sorry to hear you are having this trouble with our service. Thanks for letting me know. Do you mind telling me if you have submitted a support request for this issue? If you have the support ticket number so I can look it up? If you haven't submitted a ticket yet, here's a link to get you started. https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/help/contact

Regards,

Sébastien

On Nov 26, 2021, 12:43 PM -0500, John F. Hess <[email protected]>, wrote:

Hi Sebatian,

Funny that I’m subscribed to a Qobuz mailing list when I’m having a problem paying for the “free” trial. 2 different credit cards tried with 2 different browsers have not worked. Card declined. My account is in the US and the email address is US, and the IP from Comcast must be US also. Being Thanksgiving over here with Black Friday internet stuff, I have not called my credit card company to inquire. The Qobuz help has not offered any more concrete suggestions.

I was thinking that maybe a charge for $0.00 was suspicious and thus declined. So last night, I tried to use a credit card to purchase and album, that also failed.

cheers,

John, I initially joined Qobuz for discounted high res downloads only, and at this time I’m gaining nothing from Qobuz. I was told by Sebastien that PayPal was working, but I have no PP account.

Since discovering the issue I’ve tried, different card, new Fire Fox profile, emptying Qobuz cart, then filling it back up and buying downloads outside Sublime, regular price. Nothing worked. I suggested canceling and rejoining but Sebastien never answered the question of "should I"? With "no refunds" I didn’t want to be charged $180 twice.

My Qobuz desktop app indicates "Sublime", but that doesn’t help. Tomorrow is the last day of waiting for "investigating" we’ll see what comes of it. My Qobuz "favorites" list is growing and growing.

Interesting, I'm having the same issue of not being able to use a credit card.  Different cards, different devices, subscription or purchase, nothing work.

I figured I would look at the PayPal interface, though I haven't used that account in ~10 years.  Imagine my surprise when the transaction auto completed without my consent, despite the explicit statement below the "continue" button that I would be able to review the transaction before processing payment.   In nearly 20 years of online transactions I have never seen any vendor skip terms and conditions, or a complete transaction step.   Astounding.  Put in a dispute immediately.

Are credit companies putting a block on Qobuz?  I called my bank and there is no transaction history at all.  

Needless to say, not a great introduction to the service.

Nothing good to share here, either. About interactions with Qobuz. Still no resolve. Sebastien mailed and said that he thought I could use PayPal. I do understand how things might get confusing being English is not his first language. khloebo, history of Qobuz taking $180 is there.