Classical Music for Aficionados

I would like to start a thread, similar to Orpheus’ jazz site, for lovers of classical music.
I will list some of my favorite recordings, CDs as well as LP’s. While good sound is not a prime requisite, it will be a consideration.
  Classical music lovers please feel free to add to my lists.
Discussion of musical and recording issues will be welcome.

I’ll start with a list of CDs.  Records to follow in a later post.

Berlioz: Symphonie Fantastique.  Chesky  — Royal Phil. Orch.  Freccia, conductor.
Mahler:  Des Knaben Wunderhorn.  Vanguard Classics — Vienna Festival Orch. Prohaska, conductor.
Prokofiev:  Scythian Suite et. al.  DG  — Chicago Symphony  Abbado, conductor.
Brahms: Symphony #1.  Chesky — London Symph. Orch.  Horenstein, conductor.
Stravinsky: L’Histoire du Soldat. HDTT — Ars Nova.  Mandell, conductor.
Rachmaninoff: Symphonic Dances. Analogue Productions. — Dallas Symph Orch. Johanos, cond.
Respighi: Roman Festivals et. al. Chesky — Royal Phil. Orch. Freccia, conductor.

All of the above happen to be great sounding recordings, but, as I said, sonics is not a prerequisite.

128x128rvpiano
my gut still says Putin is more dangerous than ping-pong .Belarus is his test .
I don't think either one is a military threat to the U.S.  We are in a class by ourselves when it comes to military power and the ability to project that power.

I think Putin wants influence in the world and a buffer between Russia and NATO in Europe.  He is also a master at sowing discord within Europe and to a lesser degree in NATO.  He has a talent for seeing the weak links.  He even tested the U.S. in Syria but 2 or 3 hundred Russians were missing from morning formation the next day.

Ping-Pong is more of a economic threat.  They too want more global influence.   But, we could always stop buying their stuff and educating their elites.  Geography  works against them.  Few friends and bases outside of the country.

And last, but not surely not least, we have the 1st Cavalry, and they don't.  :)

Cheers

Post removed 
I hate to be a wet towel here, but really guys, this is supposed to be a site that concentrates on music.