Headphone amp + DAC + Volume + ROON READY

I am loving my newly purchased headphones so much now that I am thinking of getting a second amp to use in my bedroom.

I am currently using a Benchmark HPA4 + Benchmark DAC3B + Sonore microRendu + Meze Empy.

I was thinking a Benchmark DAC2 DX would sound good, but already have a DAC3B and the Benchmarks are not ROOD READY. So I am curious if there is any other small box solutions that has a headphone amp with XLR headphone output, a DAC with volume control that is also ROON READY. It does not have to sound good as the HPA4, I want convenience and small form factor as the most important requirements.

This does not require analog inputs. I am thinking all digital for the bedroom. I guess the ROON READY has to be accomplished my RJ45 Ethernet or WIFI.
yyzsantabarbara
@atanarjua99 It would depend on whether your streaming client’s communication protocol is supported by the Sonore OpticalRendu. For example, if your streaming client is ROON then the protocol is called RAAT and the Sonore OpticalRendu does understand that. The OpticalRendu is classified as ROON READY which is the best possible level of ROON integration.

Your iPad will work with whatever streaming client you use. If you use ROON then there will be a web server installed on your network that will render the ROON client GUI to your iPad.

In terms of the OpticalRendu purchase options. I have 2 or them so I have compared the options. I have the expensive LPS and the cheaper one. I would have been better off just getting the cheaper LPS. I have 2 USB cables of varying price. I could not tell a difference in any USB cable. My DAC could have something to do with that.

Both of my OpticalRendu’s are the ROON only version for $999. I do not need the other streaming protocols since I only use ROON and have no intention of changing.

BTW - My post above mentions the Topping A90 headphone amp and the Matrix Mini-i Pro. I gave that gear to my buddy and now use the RAAL SR1a headphones with my regular stereo amps. The RAAL is incredible and more like 2 channels and not headphones.
@yyzsantabarbara 
Thanks so much for this. Based on your multiple generous responses to the OP, I have reached out to Small Green Computers - which puts together some Sonore packages. Honestly my headphones are probably not good enough warrant the most expensive models, though I am a fan of LPS. I was also intrigued by the idea of using their Roon core to replace my Mac Mini core. 
Like you, I only need Roon. If I am travelling, I just use Spotify but otherwise all Roon.
Oh, one more ?? Did you. like the Matrix Mini i-Pro?
@atanarjuat99 The Matrix Mini-I 3 Pro is the most convenient DAC I have used. It is almost like a quasi portable DAC. It has so many network connection options that it is easy for a non-computer person to use. I gave it to my buddy just for that reason. I was getting tired of the crap gear he was using to listen to music. He still has not setup the headphone system 6 months later but I will help him do that soon.

The DAC is not the best sounding DAC I have owned but it is rather good and DACs these days can be incredible under $1500. I have a few DACs in this price range that are better sounding than the Matrix but none are as convenient to use as the Matrix.

I am a fan of the following reviewer and he has reviewed all the DACs that I have own or owned. I agree with most of his observations on these DACs. Here is the Matrix review.
Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 Review - Third Time's a Charm (soundnews.net)

The $1500ish DACs I like better are the following:

- Gustard X26 Pro ($1500) (a warmer DAC with very nice customizable sound)
- Benchmark DAC3B ($1700). Works so perfectly with my all Benchmark living room system
- Topping D90SE ($900), maybe the best measuring DAC and I really like this one

I stream optical to the Gustard and Topping. I stream with a microRendu to the Benchmark DAC3B. I use Sonore streaming products.