Innous Zen Mini MK 3

Here goes, another streamer thread. Does anyone have any experience with this streamer, specifically with the internal DAC. The Mini is at the top of my price range and, for now, I would like to avoid buying an external DAC. How would it compare to the internal DAC in the Node 2i?
As an aside I like that the Innous has a CD ripper, but I could do without one.
ericsch
I’ve been on the fence trying to decide on a streamer, leaning toward Innuous (but also considering Auralic G2 or Lumin D2) and my budget is say between 2-4k. Have seen the subjective reviews favoring the Innuous over the Auralic and vice versa. Not interested in BlueSound Node2i.

My current chain is 4TB external HD for my local files connected to Macbook and spotify playing over wifi/Airplay to an Airport in the other room is connected to my DAC with an AudioQuest Forest Optilink TOSLINK Cable (my DAC doen’t accept USB in). My DAC is a Prism Sound Lyra 2 (its my ADC for ripping vinyl), but it doesn't have USB in. None of this ideal.

When looking at the Innuous, among other things, one of the main jumps from the Zen Mini to the Zen is the power supply of course (mini you have to use a wallwart or purchase their external PSU) whereas the Zen has a dual linear internal. I do happen to have a Paul Hynes SR4T power supply that I am using on my turntable, but since I’ve upgraded there too, I will have the Hynes free to use elsewhere - so was thinking perhaps trying the Zen Mini and using the SR4T there in lieu of buying their extra PSU. I don’t really have the cashflow to buy more than 1 unit and do an A/B, so I’m curious if anyone has A) tried the Zen Mini with PSU outside of the Innuous brand, and B) has anyone compared the Zen Mini w/ their PSU to the Zen? 
Post removed 
[please excuse my bad English]

As for the slot loading mechanism used in the Innuos,
the slot CD loader of my beloved Meridian G08.2 made tiny abrasions on the CD’s surface, only visible under the light of a desk lamp. I sold it for that reason only (otherwise, it was an outstanding player).

Did you notice only the slightest similar abrasion on the CD’s polycarbonate external layer with the Innuos’ slot loader?

Thanks.

I have had two Vault - the Vault 1 failed to a known problem and was replaced by a Vault 2. The Vault 2 failed last month during update of software. BlueSound says it is out of warranty, offered a reconditioned unit at reduced price.

Why would I try a Vault a third time? I found BlueSound to be unhelpful and absolutely think they should stand behind their products.

So over to the Mini I go.

Andy

PS - if anyone knows how to get to customer complaints at BlueSound or NAD would appreciate your communicating that - they must have a dispute resolution service but it is certainly well hidden and they help desk does not respond to my request for the connection.