Krell LAT-1

Has anyone heard anything about these new speakers from Krell? I believe Lat-1 stands for "Lossless Acoustic Transducer".
klhender
I actually heard them at the New York 'unveiling'. You are correct about the LAT-1 acronym. The design concept behind the name involves a unique, almost one-piece construction technique extensively utilizing aluminum as the material of choice. Construction details aside (they are very well built), the sound of the speakers themselves, despite the dubious source material (selections copied from other cd's) was excellent. I have been an avid audiophile for more than two decades, and the LAT-1's ranked among the top 5 systems I have heard. The sense of impact and 'liveness', the dynamic presentation was truly outstanding. They are expensive, true, but they ARE Krells, after all. If and when they become available in your area, I urge you to listen to them. The LAT-1's may not be in everyone's price range, but Krell will be coming out with less pricey versions/models in the future.
What is the MSRP? I've seen the ads and read the little news blurbs about their release, but have never seen a price.