Splendor D9’s.2 vs B&W 803 D2 which I own

I’ve had the 803 D2’s for about 9 months now and enjoy them but they don’t connect with me for all music, especially more rock oriented music. They excel at jazz and even country! Because of them, I’ve become quite the jazz fan. But, most of my collection is rock of many varieties, so I’ve always been kind of curious about other options. I’m visiting Houston this week and there’s a pair of Spendor D9.2’s that interest me. I read they are pretty neutral and a bit more fast sounding. I’m thinking they could be a fit and the owner says I can audition if I’m a serious buyer. To me the B&W’s are more on the laid back side. This is based on my limited exposure to speakers but will say they are not as forward/fast as my previous Cornwall II’s or maybe even Triton 1’s. Any thoughts how the Spendor D9.2’s would compare to the 803 D2’s and if they would be more versatile for rock? Thx. 

Gear:
Livingston 532H
Audible Illusions L3 preamp
Herron phono preamp
Technics 1200 G
Sony HAP Z1 server
McIntosh MB 50 Streamer/DAC
Assortment of mid to lower level IC’s
AQ Rockefeller speaker cables
Ag insider logo xs@2xbfoura
My D9s came in the premium limited edition Ebony finish. They look amazing. Quite a narrow speaker but very tall. The footprint on the floor is smaller than many of the wide speakers though. My preference. 
If you buy them new your Spendors will take some time to settle in and sound their best…
@avanti1960 nice to hear that you think the D9’s would match well with my Levinson. It does offer plenty of power. When I heard them, they were placed close to 8’ from the back wall which had room treatments. They weren’t also spread very far apart. The owner told me he took no time to place them and pointed out they were partially on the rug and hardwood floor and they still sounded great. I’ve got someone interested in my B&W’s so maybe I’ll make a move on the D9’s soon. 
Any feedback on speaker wire on the D9.2’s? A pair of Silversmith ribbon wires were connected to them during demo. Are the Spendor’s kind of benign to speaker cables?