Magico Q7 . . . wow

In the world's best audio system

http://www.soundstageglobal.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=86&Itemid=285
holenneck
I have to laugh about "how boring". They produced solo piano better than any other room. I think the MBLs would have edged out the Magicos in the same size room but then you would need a higher level Magico to properly compare. They really are good speakers.

Peter Breuninger, avshowrooms.com
>>I have no reason to believe this.
Perhaps you can try to explain the differences. But I believe there to be none of any significance.

How about 94db efficiency vs. 86db?
You should read Magico marketing material. None of these drivers are the same. The fact that all their midranges are 6” does not mean that they are all the same. You will not be able to use any of the 3 7” bass drivers in the Q3, as a midwoofer for the Q1. Having said that, you will not mistake any of these models to anything but a Magico, but as you go up in the line you do get more of the their ‘virtues’, not just bass and dynamics. For example, the Q5 is more transparent then the Q3 and I am sure the Q7 is more transparent then the Q5.
prdprez has a really good point - one look at the magico and you can tell very litlle attention has been paid to diffraction effects. Actually, if you look at yg, wilson and magico, there is not much attention paid to diffraction on any one of them. The only line paying real attention to it is Rockport - look at the large , radiused every changing dimension on the Altair.
From Positive Feedback Issue 59:
This year they introduced their all-out realization of that design paradigm, the $165,000 Q7. Every driver of this beautifully accomplished four-way, five-driver, loudspeaker has been designed from the ground up, resulting in a system with an efficiency of 94dB.
""""" 04-05-12: Stereotaipei
You cannot get driver with a 10dB higher efficiency than the Q5 without significant changes of design (in particular on the magnet).""""""""""

actualy you can not get driver with with 10db diferencies (assuming one is not 4inch midrange and other 18inch PA woofer) - its against law of acoustical physic. the spekakers,how ever can be easily made for diferent sensitivity maximum what is posible for same caliber driver 8-12inch) is 5db and it definatley will be in upper octaves (higher force means more midrange not all FR equally is gained) which is not important for low frequencies anyway.